Drink Prices?

OU8MINE

I've seen a lot of posts about sneaking booze on board, so I was curious just how much does beer/wine/mixed drinks cost on board? Before I go to a lot of trouble I'd like to have an idea what my trouble is worth. Our last cruise was almost 9 years ago on HAL and I don't recall what anything cost. Anyone?

I was on AOS this July! Drinks with a souviner glass ran about $8.95 plus tax, if I remember right, I always told them to put my drink in a regular glass and it was $5.95 (I think if I remember right). I didn't want to get a bunch of glasses to try and pack in my suitcase to get broke on the way home!

They range in price, depending on if you want them in a special souvenier glass or not. For the most part, beer is about $3.50 each, mixed drinks about $5.95 + tip, about a dollar less in a regular glass/cup. The people who bring their own drinks, mostly do it so they can have a drink in their room, at their leisure.

Kathy

event.png

Most drinks we've had have been between $5.95 and $8.95. With the $8.95 drink you get to keep a rather nice souvenier glass. With the Drink of the Day (usually $4,95 to $5.95) you also get to keep the glass but it's an el' cheapo plastic glass suitable for backyard bar-b-que's or tailgating. Those plastic souvenier cups we don't even bother bringing home.

I believe, but don't quote me on it, that domestic beers are around $3.50.

Keep in mind that an automatic 15% tip will be added to any drink served so that will up the price of a $5.95 drink to $6.84.

Alright- so if Im planing on having a couple drinks but not being a drunk.... do you think its better to just pay the drink prices or pack my own?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also.... if you do pack your own- how do you all fly or travel without bottles getting broken all over your clothes from the airline flight? If I buy alcohol the day before the cruise after I've flown into Seattle... do you think the beer will make it through transit from the hotel to the port??

Wine is $22.00 per bottle up to $195.00 plus 15% tip. By the glass about $5.50 per glass and up plus the 15% tip. Mixed drinks start at $4.95 plus 15% tip. If you get it in other then clear plastic cup or regular glass it costs extra. The more fancier drinks can be up to $10.00 for top shelf. All drink will have an automatic 15% tip added. There will be a line to add even more tip if you wish.

Checked baggage only, keep in original plastic bottles (everything is now available in plastic flask size now, packs flat), place in a zip lock bag, snuggle between your clothes. If you need mixer container, you can find plastic flasks in your liquor store, seal with electrical tape and pack in zip lock.

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful - Jeanne - I look forward to seeing what you have. Last time we cruised (9 yrs ago on HAL) I recall buying some booze at our first stop (Key West) and walking right on with it - I might have to give it another go - though I'm more of a beer drinker and 3.50 isn't insane.

Alright so not that im an alcoholic... but I dig my Killians and I've heard they dont have killians on board :( Is this true!!!

Im considering buying a 6 pack and packing it when I arrive in seattle but before I cruise... then at the next couple ports I could always get another 6 pack and throw it in my backpack and bring it back to my room. Do you all think this is a feasible option?

I suppose there's always that person who just orders a coke and has a flask of daniels in his pocket.... Im just the chick who has a big purse!

HA- ok that was wrong!

I've seen a lot of posts about sneaking booze on board, so I was curious just how much does beer/wine/mixed drinks cost on board? Before I go to a lot of trouble I'd like to have an idea what my trouble is worth. Our last cruise was almost 9 years ago on HAL and I don't recall what anything cost. Anyone?

Just got off the Mariner of the Seas. Miller lite or Coors lite is $3.00 EA and BUD products, heiniken etc....are $4.25 EA your mixed drinks are usually $5.95 unless you have special liquor put in them. Don't try to bring alcohol with you they will find and hold it for you at the port until you return. Our alcohol tab was really high but it was alot of fun.

What do you mean they will find it and keep it. Do you mean that they go through your luggage before they put it in your room for you???? Im not to excited about that idea. How have so many other people "sneaked stuff on" and now I find out they will "find it and keep it"?

Help- confused!

We just got back from the Empress of the Seas to Bermuda. We took 2 bottles of Brandy (we can get them in plastic here in Illinois) and I took one Club Soda bottle filled with Vodka. Pack them in your checked in luggage, and NO they don't go through your bags. We had absolutely no problem what so ever. Make sure they are plastic bottles, and put them in ZIP LOCK bags just in case. ENJOY!

Just of the Empress and mixed drinks were $5.00 and all frozen drinks and drinks of the day were $5.95 in the real glass souvenier glasses. We asked for it in a regular glass and they said the price was still $5.95. Needless to say we kept getting the souvenier glasses. Only once did we get the cheap plastic glasses.

The loving cups served after dinner were $5.95.

Just got off the Mariner of the Seas. Miller lite or Coors lite is $3.00 EA and BUD products, heiniken etc....are $4.25 EA your mixed drinks are usually $5.95 unless you have special liquor put in them. Don't try to bring alcohol with you they will find and hold it for you at the port until you return. Our alcohol tab was really high but it was alot of fun.

Was there a price break for buckets of beer? We will be on the Enchantment in about a month. DH and I will drink mostly beer so don't want to "sneak" that on if beer is only $3.00/bottle.

Was there a price break for buckets of beer? We will be on the Enchantment in about a month. DH and I will drink mostly beer so don't want to "sneak" that on if beer is only $3.00/bottle.

YES _ you get a bucket of beer, and it comes out to getting one bottle free.

What do you mean they will find it and keep it. Do you mean that they go through your luggage before they put it in your room for you???? Im not to excited about that idea. How have so many other people "sneaked stuff on" and now I find out they will "find it and keep it"?

Help- confused!

I thought all luggage gets scanned on the ship and if they find any alcohol they will take it. I assumed the way they would know the booze was there was because it showed up on a scanner. I know they can go thru your luggage like the airlines can for security. RCCL states very clear that you can't bring alcohol on board but they do not tell you what they will do with it if they find it so I do not know if they store it for you or throw it away. It is confusing:rolleyes: How much room do they have to store alcohol as they do let you buy booze at ports and they store it for you and give it to you the night before the cruise ends? Is there enough room to store the booze they find in someone's luggage and are they even willing to keep it for you as they told us we can't bring any with us?

Our sea pass for liquor last winter was about $500. Now that is everything, soda's, I have a few frozen foo foo drinks, beers for DH and his occasional foo foo drink and cocktails/wine at dinner. Also I am collecting the fancy glass swirled RCCL glasses and added one of those on. We drink alot of expensive drinks, Glen Levitt, Absolut, etc.. Not that I feel we drink alot but I have no problem spending $10/glass for wine at dinner if that is what I want (DH doesn't drink wine so a bottle is a waste). I have maybe 1-2 drinks every six months at home, but on vacation I average 5-6/day and DH more.:)

We've never thought of smuggeling liquor on. Guess it's just me but I don't like breaking the rules and the worry I would have would not be worth the money I would save. Much less I really don't see the convience. I have ordered drinks delivered by room service. I just ask that they leave out the ice and order 2 of each to have a nightcap in the cabin. I also have grabbed a drink on my way to the cabin to dress for dinner and had the ice left out of that as well. Just added ice from my ice bucket when I was ready to enjoy it. I think you get more alcohol that way too:D .

It's no more expensive than going to the bar at home. It only seems expensive because how often do you drink everynight for a week with no worry of having to drive. One seceret is find the bar with beer on tap; more for the money; the buckets of beer are good as are the wine packages. Last year we had the concierge lounge for the GS and that was about as awesome as you can get. YOu can bring liquor we have but no don't bother with it. avoid the special drinks they are a waste of money.

I am assuming the Freedom has a "store" on the promonade where you can buy bottles of liquor like the Voyager had. Can these be purchased and taken up to your room or do they keep them and give them to you when you disembark?

Archived