Size of these ships...

MamaParrotHead

These are the other ships that will be in port with us in Coz and GC. Wondering how big they are/how many pax they hold (in relation to the Triumph). Costa Magica, RCCL Granduer of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas. Thanks!

According to cruiseclues.com:

Freedom of the Seas 3600 pax

Grandeur of the Seas 2446 pax

Costa Magica 2672 pax

Carnival Triumph 2758 pax

These are rough numbers based on double occupancy. Only four ships in port? Last time in GC for us, there were seven ships.:eek:

Check the times the ships are leaving... that is where the problem is. We had the Valor and Miracle leaving within 30 minutes of each other in GC, and the line extended for a mile...NEVER again!! LOL! GC is okay, but not worth the wait... In Coz, we've had plenty more ships and no problems, but haven't been since tendering. We are lucky next month, hardly any ships in any of the ports!!

In Coz, the only other ship with us is the G.O.S., they're in port 7-4 (we're in port 7-6 (though if we dock, the "word" is they've been staying til 10).

In GC, the Magica (8-5) and F.O.S.(9-5:30) are with us (7:30-4:30)...

And we're the ONLY ship in Ocho Rios that day.

Sounds pretty good to me....

Check the times the ships are leaving... that is where the problem is. We had the Valor and Miracle leaving within 30 minutes of each other in GC, and the line extended for a mile...NEVER again!! LOL! GC is okay, but not worth the wait... In Coz, we've had plenty more ships and no problems, but haven't been since tendering. We are lucky next month, hardly any ships in any of the ports!!

Even with my meticulous planning, reseraching, reading, list-making, etc, it hadn't occurred to me until now to check which other ships were in the various ports we'll be visiting on our first cruise in November ... cool! something new to do while I wait!

But, where do you find this info? Is there one good website that combines all the info & makes it easily searchable? Will it be breaking CC rules for someone to mention it? :D

Thanks! :p

Any tips for making this process "less painful"? I'm SO not looking forward to tendering. :eek:

Any tips for making this process "less painful"? I'm SO not looking forward to tendering. :eek:

These are tips for Grand Cayman, I've haven't had to tender in Cozumel yet.

Tip 1) Don't stressout about missing your excursion because of the line for tenders. The private vendors know you are tendering in. Chances are everyone on your excursion will be on a ship. As long as you are up and ready to go ashore at the proper time you will not miss your excursion.

Tip 2) The lines for returning to the ship will be very long during the last hour. Unless you need to be on the ship to dress for an early dinner or some other activity, don't wait in line. Just relax and watch as the line shortens. Tenders will run as long as a line is in place. Just pay close attention to the proper line and get in it when it is a reasonable length.

Archived