7 night Freedom Vs 9 night NCL Pearl for same $...which one?

bajathree

My family of 4 are currently booked in an OS on Freedom for spring 07. However I just saw that I can book a Penthouse on the Pearl for a 9 night cruise for the same money. I like the idea of all the activities on Freedom but the extra 2 days on NCL are also looking good. Pearl does have a water slide, 4 lane bowling alley and also a rock climbing wall. NCL suites also come with butler service and concierge compared to concierge only on RCCL. Reading CC's NCL forum, it looks like butler service can be very nice to have. MUCH better wine list on NCL and you can also bring on-board as much wine as you like (there is a $15 corking fee for each bottle carried on). Both ships are brand new, the Pearl not even sailing till Dec. The itinerary (southern) is also more to my liking on the Pearl verse (western) on RCCL (don't really think much of Hati or Jamaca to be honest. I know it sounds like I may be talking myself into NCL, however I want to do what I think the kids will also enjoy most. It's hard to compare against a ship that has not even sailed yet.

My only cruise experience is with Carnival Miracle 2 years ago. It was lots of fun but my wife thought the entertainment was hurting. Food was just OK except for their steakhouse (forget the name), it was excellent.

Any help from those more experienced with each cruise line would be much appreciated.

Take the niner!

You won't believe how awesome it is to have a butler on NCL. Especially on a new ship, where they always put the creme de la creme of crew!

If you're looking at an AB Penthouse, it will be perfect with kids as it has a separate bedroom and bath for them. The master bath and bedroom are to die for.

Be careful, you might become hooked on NCL.:D

Take the niner!

You won't believe how awesome it is to have a butler on NCL. Especially on a new ship, where they always put the creme de la creme of crew!

If you're looking at an AB Penthouse, it will be perfect with kids as it has a separate bedroom and bath for them. The master bath and bedroom are to die for.

Be careful, you might become hooked on NCL.:D

Yes, it is an AB Penthouse on NCL.

Archived