Re: Carnival Cruise Director John Heald

Nothing NEGATIVE... though after seeing him once, I would not go out of my way to sail with him again... it sounds as if he has the same routine and gimmicks time and time again... it would have been more fun, I think, if I had not read about his routines PRIOR to seeing him... because then, when I did sail with him (Maiden 7-day Glory voyage), it seemed all canned and made up - not spontaneous (as it should be - in an ideal world!)

Tom

sounds as if he has the same routine and gimmicks time and time again...
Yeah, but I think they all do. We just cruised with Mark Price for the second time, and I remembered a lot of his lines from the first time around. He was still funny, just not AS funny as the first time. It would have been better if he hadn't made the same jokes and made such a point to say it happened on THIS cruise (after we'd already heard it the last time we cruised with him). John is great, though. I'd gladly cruise with him again anytime.

I thought John had retired. Am I missing something? I know I have been away from these boards for a few months...Did he come back??

He never really left...took some time off for a wedding (his) and then came back...he's off on vacation now but I heard he will be back at the end of July...I could never ever get tired of sailing with John...we've sailed with him 4 times and he is by far the best cruise director at sea..and his bedtime story is not to be missed..no matter how many times you see it, you will come away with your face hurting from laughing soooooooo hard..he's the best.

Barb

... the fact that, after reading these boards and you *know* what's coming, it *still* sounds fresh and spontaneous.

Contrast that with Jeff Bronnnnnsonnnnnnnnnn, who would *still* sound forced and contrived, even *if* he had original material.

... the fact that, after reading these boards and you *know* what's coming, it *still* sounds fresh and spontaneous.

Contrast that with Jeff Bronnnnnsonnnnnnnnnn, who would *still* sound forced and contrived, even *if* he had original material.

I agree 100%....Jeff Bronnnnnsonnnnnn is a total dork, lol...I wanted to throw him overboard after the first hour, lol

Barb

When will John Heald be back on the Triumph? I had heard he was on vacation, but not sure for how long. We sail in 10 days and wondering if he'll be back by then.

I believe Robert (rpsinj) told me he would be back on the Triumph on July 24th ....and through either late sept or oct..and Robert is the one to know...he's very close friends with John...in a previous post I thought you said you were sailing on the 17th...??? Did you change it to sail with John on the 24th..?

Barb

We were originally scheduled to cruise on 7/10 but because of DH having to have 2 back surgeries 3 weeks apart, we had to cancel and reschedule for 7/24. I was thinking that John Heald would be back by that time. Thanks for the update.

John Heald is the BEST CRUISE DIRECTOR, irreguardless if he has the same story line on each ship. This man is to be commended. He took time out to talk to the our family. He is down to earth. We are planning on sailing on the Valor in June, and have already wondered if he were going to be there. In our opinion, we would book a cruise if John Heald was going on it. We would even consider paying top price and being on level one.

We are happy that Heidi and John took time off. If was well deserved.

John is a good CD but after seeing him for a second time in March I was bored with his shows. They were the same as back in 99. IMHO there are better CD's out there in the Carnival fleet. Troy Linton is one of them. I never saw John around the ship on either cruise like I have with other CD's.

Troy was our CD on the CArnival Pride in 2002. We enjoyed him tremendously. He was the entertainment of the ship. We are going to sail on the Carnival Valor July 2005. Maybe he will be on it. By the way, he was on the Travel Channel.

Who are some other great CD's in the Carnival Fleet?

Troy was our CD on the CArnival Pride in 2002. We enjoyed him tremendously. He was the entertainment of the ship. We are going to sail on the Carnival Valor July 2005. Maybe he will be on it. By the way, he was on the Travel Channel.

Who are some other great CD's in the Carnival Fleet?

If I understood Robert correctly, John will be taking out the Valor for a couple of months..and then back to Triumph...maybe Robert will give us a better answer..after all he's the man who usually knows Johns schedule.

Barb

We first "met" Troy Linton about 10 years ago on the Holiday when he was asst. to the CD. I believe he was our CD on the Paradise about 5 years ago. He is good, very entertaining. I thought he needed to be a little more visible on the ship though.

We sailed last March on the Imagination with Troy Linton and he was great!! At that time, he told us he was going to audition for The Apprentice ... anyone heard if he did and how he made out? Also ... we are booked next March on the Victory .. any comments about the CD there?

I must say that I agree with Cruisingator......We sailed on the Triumph in March with John as the CD. His shows were extremely funny to me even though I knew what was coming from previous cruises. I was disappointed, however, that we never saw John out and about on the ship talking to the passengers or checking on things. Because he wasn't around, I felt some of the entertainment and social staff weren't the best. The guy in the piano bar took breaks of longer than an hour at times!!!! Not good!!!! In contrast, our CD on the Glory was Greg. He was out on the ship evey night, and the entertainment staff and passengers knew that he'd be around. The staff on the Glory was much more professional, something we, as passengers, have come to expect. Passengers were seen talking with Greg all over the ship. In my opinion, Greg ran a much "tighter ship"!!!!!

Archived