Monarch of the Seas Tips

books4sail

I'm traveling Royal Caribbean for the first time this December for a Christmas cruise on Monarch of the Seas with family. What are the nightclubs and bars like aboard the Monarch? My partner and I are in our thirties and like a mellow piano-type bar, but we also enjoy dancing. Does anyone have any favorites on the Monarch? Do you have any other must-see places/things to do onboard Monarch? Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

Check out my review that I just posted today! Bolero's lounge was our favorite, they play a lot of Salsa music, but also have dueling pianos late at night. Also the Circuit is a great place for dancing. Schooner bar is quiet for the most part. Read the review, I go into a lot of details about the Monarch in general.... hope this helps! I know you will enjoy your cruise, I did!

I'm traveling Royal Caribbean for the first time this December for a Christmas cruise on Monarch of the Seas with family. What are the nightclubs and bars like aboard the Monarch? My partner and I are in our thirties and like a mellow piano-type bar, but we also enjoy dancing. Does anyone have any favorites on the Monarch? Do you have any other must-see places/things to do onboard Monarch? Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

Books4Sail. I too enjoy a laid back place to hang out. My favorite places to listen to mellow music are the Schooner Bar and believe or not, the Atrium.

The Schooner Bar has a Jazz Quartet that performs most nights and the Atrium has a selection of either a Piano player, Guitar player, or sometimes a Jazz Band to listen to.

Now, as for the best place to party and shack your groove thing (IMO) is at the Pool with the Reggae Band.

I hope you and your partner enjoy yourselves and take advantage of everything Monarch has to offer you. She's a great little lady.

Hey, I may see you in passing. As your getting on Monarch, I'll be exiting from my cruise on Vision.

For mellow piano music, it's the Schooner Bar. For fun piano entertainment, it's the Dueling Pianos in Boleros, which alternate with a salsa band. There will also be some times when a jazz combo plays in the Schooner Bar.

You don't mention what kind of dancing you like - if it's nightclub, the Circuit Lounge has a good band & DJ late at night, although it's often nearly empty (it was hopping on our Labor Day cruise, though). On the 3-nighter, they have dancing until 12:30 am at the pool bar on buffet night, and that is a blast. If you like ballroom, the primary opportunity for that is at the Captain's Welcome Aboard party on formal night - the Monarch All Stars play for 1/2 an hour and the bandleader BEGS people to dance. We always oblige, but are often the only people out there. We're not that good, but we figure we won't see 99% of the people again (although we cruise on Monarch so frequently the crew may see us coming and laugh).

They have lessons onboard, too - on the 3-nighter, it was salsa, line dancing and swing. Check your Compass to see what's offered.

Books4Sail. I too enjoy a laid back place to hang out. My favorite places to listen to mellow music are the Schooner Bar and believe or not, the Atrium.

The Schooner Bar has a Jazz Quartet that performs most nights and the Atrium has a selection of either a Piano player, Guitar player, or sometimes a Jazz Band to listen to.

Now, as for the best place to party and shack your groove thing (IMO) is at the Pool with the Reggae Band.

I hope you and your partner enjoy yourselves and take advantage of everything Monarch has to offer you. She's a great little lady.

Hey, I may see you in passing. As your getting on Monarch, I'll be exiting from my cruise on Vision.

Great photos Tony! We will be sailing Monarch and Vision next year and your pics help me visualize some things! Thanks.

Hi Tony! I haven't "seen" you in awhile. DH and I just booked the 5-21-07 Monarch cruise. I know of at least one "traveler," besides DH, who will be aboard. Want to make it two? ~ Lorna

Hey Lorna. Your right, long time no see or talk. How's everything with you and the hubby? A cruise in May actually sounds pretty good. I think I have enough points on the RCCL card to take a free trip. Let me check with the DW and our schedules and get back with you guys. If I do, I'll book in December while on Vision.

For mellow piano music, it's the Schooner Bar. For fun piano entertainment, it's the Dueling Pianos in Boleros, which alternate with a salsa band. There will also be some times when a jazz combo plays in the Schooner Bar.

You don't mention what kind of dancing you like - if it's nightclub, the Circuit Lounge has a good band & DJ late at night, although it's often nearly empty (it was hopping on our Labor Day cruise, though). On the 3-nighter, they have dancing until 12:30 am at the pool bar on buffet night, and that is a blast. If you like ballroom, the primary opportunity for that is at the Captain's Welcome Aboard party on formal night - the Monarch All Stars play for 1/2 an hour and the bandleader BEGS people to dance. We always oblige, but are often the only people out there. We're not that good, but we figure we won't see 99% of the people again (although we cruise on Monarch so frequently the crew may see us coming and laugh).

They have lessons onboard, too - on the 3-nighter, it was salsa, line dancing and swing. Check your Compass to see what's offered.

If there are two people that can dance.........and do all of the moves.......which absoutly blew (if you are too young to accept the spelling........I'll change it) our socks off.............Jean and Don dancing......and they should be on Dancing with the Stars........as they probably are the best that I have seen in many years.

Rick

If there are two people that can dance.........and do all of the moves.......which absoutly blew (if you are too young to accept the spelling........I'll change it) our socks off.............Jean and Don dancing......and they should be on Dancing with the Stars........as they probably are the best that I have seen in many years. Rick

So, all those dance lessons they take on Saturday mornings are paying off, huh? That's great! DH and I took dance lessons before our wedding, so I wouldn't look like a total clod. People remarked about how comfortable we looked, chatting while we danced ... little did they know that our "chat" was "step, together, step, step." :(

Rick, you have to help me convince Tony (ADeputy4U) to join us in May. You, he and Bill have something in common ... :rolleyes:

Lorna, it's not me that has to be convinced. It's the other side of me. You know, the evil side that may tell me "NO, let's wait" or something along those lines. My evil side does give into peer pressure though. Keep on her by telling her how much fun is to be had.

If there are two people that can dance.........and do all of the moves.......which absoutly blew (if you are too young to accept the spelling........I'll change it) our socks off.............Jean and Don dancing......and they should be on Dancing with the Stars........as they probably are the best that I have seen in many years.

Rick

<blushing>

We have 5 more cruises lined up on Monarch, if you can believe that! So we will be seeing the band again. In fact on our last cruise we bought them a round in the Schooner Bar as a bribe to get them to slow the music down next time they see us! Their swing tempos were killer!

Hi Tony! I haven't "seen" you in awhile. DH and I just booked the 5-21-07 Monarch cruise. I know of at least one "traveler," besides DH, who will be aboard. Want to make it two? ~ Lorna

Lorna. I can't find your email address, so please send it to my AOL address. But here's what going on. As of today (9-30-06), were looking pretty good for this cruise. In fact, I told Evie I plan on making reservation while on our Vision in December. I just hope they still have a room I want by then.

Archived