Theme of Destiny...

mkaiser

Not to knock the Destiny, but I found the decor sterile.

Having done the Triumph and the Victory first, I was disappointed in the prototype.

But I enjoyed looking for and finding the subtle changes that made the Destiny different from the other two, like the swim up bar.

Thanks :) We have been on the Inspiration (2000), Conquest (2004) and the Glory twice (2002 and 2006). I know that the Destiny is more of a port of call cruise (with only one day at sea on the itinerary). We are more in for the ports than the ship this time, I mean after awhile you start comparing them to each other and they are quite similar as far as the food, layout, etc.

Not to knock the Destiny, but I found the decor sterile.

Having done the Triumph and the Victory first, I was disappointed in the prototype.

But I enjoyed looking for and finding the subtle changes that made the Destiny different from the other two, like the swim up bar.

Where is the swim up bar on the Destiny?

We're thinking about an anniversary cruise in Sept. '07 on the Destiny, does anyone know what the theme of the ship is...the decor?

I don't know that the "decor" had a particular theme but the "atmosphere" was definitely Latino/Salsa.

Pete

The swim up bar was on the Lido deck aft when we cruised in Feb 2004,

however, it was just "there" not set up. People were just swimming around it. What a waste!!!:p

I didn't even notice it when we were on the ship in May and a swim up bar is one of my favorite things.

We're thinking about an anniversary cruise in Sept. '07 on the Destiny, does anyone know what the theme of the ship is...the decor?

If you do go on the Destiny in Sept '07 could you please bring back an extra copy of the capers and the kids capers....I am going on the Destiny in Feb 2008. I will be more than happy to send you a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to return them to me. Please let me know if you would be willing to do this...my email is chrly_grl@hotmail.com Just put Destiny in the subject line so I don't accidentally delete it. I am cruising with a group of family and friends that now has 52 people.....that is why I am looking for the new information. Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider my request.

If you do go on the Destiny in Sept '07 could you please bring back an extra copy of the capers and the kids capers....I am going on the Destiny in Feb 2008. I will be more than happy to send you a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to return them to me. Please let me know if you would be willing to do this...my email is chrly_grl@hotmail.com Just put Destiny in the subject line so I don't accidentally delete it. I am cruising with a group of family and friends that now has 52 people.....that is why I am looking for the new information. Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider my request.

Sorry about the hijack...now back to the regularly scheduled replies.

This I found cruisemates review

Decor:

A lot of passengers are reminded of Fantasyland, Joe Farcus being the most unapologetically fanciful cruise ship interior designer at work today. Sort of the cruise ship equivalent of Cher's performing wardrobe in the 70s and 80s, in other words..

Bob

No problem, I will definitely bring some back, we haven't booked yet but are about 90% sure! We just got off of the Glory in July and I am past ready to book another. It's just such a tease to book so far in advance...the time goes by soo slow! But at least it is something to look forward to for sure :)

Archived