Valor Question

MTJZ

How early do they start baoarding in Miami. We have a group of 17 going with us, most are frist time cruisers. I was on the Victory last year and we went to the port of Miami around 12:00 and did not get on the ship until around 1:30-2:00. We would like to avoid that again. Some post say that they start boarding at 11:30. Any suggestions. We would like to avoid any long waits so they do not get discouraged and not like the thoughs of cruising. It did get to me when we waited in line on the Victory, but it was worth the wait.

My sister was checking on the valor reviews and it said that people do start boarding at 11:30, and it took about an hour to get on it did say to be there around 10:30. I think we are going to do this, her DH thinks we are crazy.Hope we prove him wrong, we may never hear the end of it if we wait longer:eek: . Our luck it will take 3 hours.

We cruised back in august and we got to the pier around 945...went inside, checked in then were like the first of 30 in line..we waited for every bit of 45 minutes to a hour but by 11am..the line was moving we went on to another area and by 1130 we were on board with our first drink of the day in hand.

My advise..i'd go early again, if u don't mind waiting to board then show up early. Great time to get on aboard and take pictures of public areas before they become to crowded. But again, the decision is up to you.

The valor is a beautiful boat, you will want pleanty of pictures !

We arrived at about 12:00 and were on the ship in about 45 minutes. They tell you that you can't go to your stateroom until after 3:00 or so. We have checked and found that our staterooms have already been ready before the designated time. On our first cruise in the Elation, our bus was delayed out of Houston and we didn't arrive at the port until about 4:00. We basically walked through the line and were about the last on the ship. I wouldn't recommend this but there was absolutly no wait or line at all. Good luck. Enjoy the Valor it is our favorite ship so far!!!

Archived