LAX to San Pedro pier

so there

Has anyone ever used Golden West Express? They offer a town car for a flat $50. I thought it might make more sense than sitting in traffic with a taxi meter running.

We're not interested in waiting for a shuttle, so I thought this might be a good option, but I wonder if there's any scoop on their reliability.

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com/noframes/main.htm

I requested a quote and they got back to me very quickly. I've just heard of some instances where car services didn't show up, though this one wasn't mentioned....was hoping someone had some experience with them.

We're on the Island 20 November. Can't wait!

Has anyone ever used Golden West Express? They offer a town car for a flat $50. I thought it might make more sense than sitting in traffic with a taxi meter running.

We're not interested in waiting for a shuttle, so I thought this might be a good option, but I wonder if there's any scoop on their reliability.

Have not used Golden West but have used town car through Prime Shuttle and it is a great way to get to the pier.

$50 sounds like a good deal to me, too. I'd also be interested in whether anyone has any experience with this company. Why don't you post this on the Mexican Riviera message board and the West Coast Port message board? You might get more responses.

Keep us posted!

A car service is the way to go. I need the same service for Dec. 5th. But I could not come up with a web site for the Golden West Express. I'm just beginning to search, but if I do find anything. I'll Quick Reply

Walsky,

Hi! I am guessing that you are on the Island Princess r/t to Hawaii leaving LA...come join our roll call. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=260813

We have quite a good group growing here and we would like to welcome you aboard, Deanna

We have used them twice .. never a problem from the airport. It will be a few minutes wait if you are going from the port to the airport, because we had to call them to tell them we were ready. Then it was 5 to 10 minutes. Great service and always nice drivers:)

Depends when your flight arrives.........we always choose to rent a car 1 way and spend at least 1 nt either side of the cruise.

Fun time sightseeing the california coast PCH 101 highway.

1 Day rental pick up at LAX and drop off at Budget in Long Beach is great!

They shuttle you to the Pier when you are ready.

I do understand the care free pickup though, especially after a long flight.

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com/noframes/main.htm

I requested a quote and they got back to me very quickly. I've just heard of some instances where car services didn't show up, though this one wasn't mentioned....was hoping someone had some experience with them.

We have used Golden West several times. Once to take us from LAX to our Disneyland hotel, twice to take us from our LAX area hotel to San Pedro, and once to take us from San Pedro to LAX. The first 3 times were flawless, they were on time, courteous, cars were excellent etc. The last time, they simply forgot about us... as near as we can tell... even though we had booked months ahead and confirmed 2 weeks ahead. Thankfully we had a huge window of time to get from SanPedro to LAX... BUT if we would not have, we would have missed our flight. I had originally booked them because our flight times were very, very tight and I wanted their reliability!- then thankfully, the flight times were changed.... The owner himself FINALLY picked us up and was extremely apologetic after I showed him e-mail proof that I had booked and confirmed, and didn't want us to pay for the ride (which we did anyway)... so I suppose we would use them again. Just be forwarned ... even the best planning gets messed up sometimes.

Jayna K :)

We used them last December for 15 of us and they were great both to the pier from the airport and to the airport from the pier. You have to call them once you get off the ship, but they were waiting in the parking lot so they were there in 5 minutes.

....for the good information. I think I'll go ahead and give them a shot. I'm a little edgy about the return transportation, because our flight leaves LAX for home at 12:30pm. I guess we'll have to go with early disembarkation and hope Golden West is ready and waiting!

Archived