What time to make dinner reservations on Pride of America.

Queensland Girl

:) I have read, to book your dinner reservations as soon as I get on board Pride of America. Because, we think we would like to watch sail-a-ways from each port, what time is best to reserve a table. There are 6 of us travelling together 11/11/06. We also like to dance, and see the shows. I don't intend to eat at the speciality restaurants. Italy, Skyline, Liberty I thought for us. - Probably Buffet for breakfast. If we are ever on ship for lunches, are any of these restaurants open. Thankyou

What happens is many people board the ship saying they don't want to book specialty restaurants.

Within a few days they hear much praise of the specialty restaurants, change their mind and realize they actually do want to try a couple of them. By then the reservation openings are pretty much gone, and they are just pissed off at their mistake. You can spot a pattern in grumpy reviews, they often start out describing exactly this scenerio... "We only ate at the buffet", "couldn't get a reservation", etc... Yet others on the exactly same sailing had a great time. You can cancel these reservations easily if you change your mind. At least try the Italian one, there's no extra charge. I loved Jefferson's and East/West.

The main dining room and buffet are open for lunch, Cadillac grill too, but none of the specialty restaurants. When I ate in the main dining room I liked to eat when it first opened, waiters are less harried, room is less crowded, no waits, and then the night is free.

I booked mine that Saturday night (first night) I booked them around 6, mostly because we were still on Texas time and I didn't want to eat late. At 6, we were there to see the sun go down (between 6-7) being that the speciality resturants took a little longer to eat with the more than 2 courses of meals they serve. Several times there were empty tables while we were there between 6-6:30. Good luck..:)

Little Italy is the free specialty restaurant and we really enjoyed their lasagna and their Beef Medallion dish. Both had a great taste. Also they make the caesar salad to order right at your table and that was real nice. You would need to make reservations for it right when you board the ship as the reservations go real fast. We actually ate there two nights. It is a GREAT place to book a window seat for Friday night (early as possible - like 5:30) and you can eat and watch the gorgeous Napali coastline!!

Archived