Help with excursion in Tortola

vpoopsy

I need to know if anyone has done the HAL excursion to the Baths at Virgin Gorda. Because we are getting in at 2, most of the island excursions are over, but Patouche has offered to give us a deal and take us to the baths. My problem is that you have to take a cab to their place and then when the boat gets to the baths, you "snorkel in", so you can't take anything dry with you. The ship's excursion picks you up at the dock, but you ride a bus and I assume walk quite a ways to the beach. I need help from the experts on which one to take!!!:confused:

On the dec. 2 cruise on zuiderdam, a lady from germany contacted patouche and they are willing to do a trip that afternoon to the baths for $54 if you book online. from julie at patouche:

Our half day trip, which goes to the Baths on Virgin Gorda, is from 2:30pm until no later than 6pm. Generally our return is right around 5:30pm. We will cruise up to Virgin Gorda, where we will spend the afternoon at the Baths. You are more than welcome to join us for a guided tour snorkeling the path of the Baths, as well as the path on land. With the path on land, we will crawl through the boulders to an area called Devils Bay. You have an opportunity here to snorkel some more, swim some more or simply relax some more before we head back to Road Town.

We are anchored off of the Baths, so you are instantly swimming and snorkeling. Anything you want to stay safe and dry will remain on the boat.

Your afternoon includes endless ice cold beverages as well as snorkel equipment. This is all for only $60.00 per person. And, for reserving in advance, on line, we are pleased to offer a 10% discount, making the day only $54.00 per person!!

My issue is that you get dropped off in the water so you can't take any dry clothes or cameras with you. Plus you have to get a taxi to their boat. I talked to HAL and they said they have had nothing but good reports on their excursions and yes, it's $59/pp, but they know where we are and work with the excursion folks to make sure we get there and back.

Love to snorkle and will have opportunities to do that. IMO, I think I'll stick with the ships excursion. My DH likes the set up alot better and we won't have to worry about getting a cab, etc. This looks like an excursion we don't want to miss

Archived