Moped Rentals?

mrsfuzzmo

Can anyone recommend a good moped rental company (or any for that matter) in Georgetown? We are going to be there in the end of November. We have been there a number of times and have done all the tours. Now we just want to take our snorkel gear and go off by ourselves and spend the day driving from area to area. I spent 3 week in Grand Cayman 25 years ago with my family and I would love to see the rest of the island and how it has changed. So, we are looking for mopeds or jeep rental. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Mrsfuzzmo

The cruiselines do not recommend renting mopeds in this port. The traffic is very heavy and riding on mopeds is very dangerous in this port. Please reconsider. Do the jeeps! I am sure someone can give you a recommendation for a rental company.

I know that cruiselines don't recommend mopeds. I have been to Grand Cayman many times, (not to mention many other Caribbean Islands with bad traffic) and have rented mopeds and am an experienced motorcycle rider. I wasn't asking how dangerous it was to rent a moped, I was asking if anyone knew of a good company close to the tender docks, but thanks for the concern.

Does anyone know of a place?

I know that cruiselines don't recommend mopeds. I have been to Grand Cayman many times, (not to mention many other Caribbean Islands with bad traffic) and have rented mopeds and am an experienced motorcycle rider. I wasn't asking how dangerous it was to rent a moped, I was asking if anyone knew of a good company close to the tender docks, but thanks for the concern.

Mrsfuzzmo,

Check out this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275018

There is some infor about a place as well as an e-mail contact. If you do not mind, please contact me after your cruise and tell me about your experience. I am also wanting to rent a scooter for the day. Enjoy!

Mrsfuzzmo,

Check out this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275018

There is some infor about a place as well as an e-mail contact. If you do not mind, please contact me after your cruise and tell me about your experience. I am also wanting to rent a scooter for the day. Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry for the double post!

Archived