Renting a Harley

lls-con

Hi. My GF and I were going to rent a hog here about 2 yrs ago, but decided against it. I'm not sure if they drive on the left side of the road, but after our cab ride to the shop (insane), and seeing how bad the road conditions were (not only are they really curvey, they are downtrodden in alot of places), coupled with insane drivers, heavy congestion in some places, and animals (like dogs and, um, chickens and the like) roaming free to cross the road...my GF talked me out of it. And I like to RIDE! We grabbed a cab back and nearly got wiped out a few times, so I was really glad we didn't do it.

If you should do it, be real careful. You know how fellow riders always say "ride safe" when you're about to leave? Well, it really applies here.

Here, I found this originally posted on Feb of '04. The thread has about 550 replies to it, I'd link you but actually it is just a few threads down from yours (it reads "ask any question" or something like that, and I don't know how to link yet). According to original post, she has lived on the island for 21 yrs. Here's what she said in response to someone asking about HD rental:

No problem. renting a harley here would be a great idea, especially since our roads are quite small and we only have one lane-traffic on most roads. It will surely be a new and interesting way to tour an island, just be careful on the roads because our driving population can be very careless at times. :o

BlessedHellride asks...One lane roads??? And I distinctly remember some of them being dirt or cobblestone, and very pothole-filled. While it still appeals to me to get on one and take off for the hills and the beaches...No f'n way, I want to come home on the ship in my cabin, not in the infirmary. Just be careful.

My hubby and I have reserved a bike for a ride and had many of the same questions. This is the answer we got from Simon, at the island HD dealer.

"the Rental fee is $150 for the day including insurance and helmets $1000 AUTHORIZATION ONLY required on the credit card the day you rent the bike we are 10 min away from the Pier any taxi driver will be happy to drop you in front of our Dealership for $6.00to 10 each person.

HOG members has a 10% discount on the Rental (this can pay you the taxi)."

We will let you know how it goes.

Lisa

Lisa, please post when you get back. We are cruising in March 07 and plan to rent Harleys for the day. I would love to hear where you went, what you did and how the ride was.

Thanks

robyn

• 1 year later...

Archived