Help! I'm packing, and very confused...

AlohaGirlAtHeart

Can someone help me with what to pack for dinner time? On non-formal nights, how dressy do I need to get? Can I wear a casual sundress with flip flops or does it need to be a nice dress with some heels? I am already taking two cocktail dresses for formal nights...Can I wear jean capri pants with a lace top? Please help me....Thanks!

On non-formal nights, I wear either tan slacks with a sporty top, or a sundress. I only wear sandals on the cruise, nothing with heels. Flip flops would be just fine to wear to dinner.

I pack only the necessary items. If I only think I might wear it, I don't take it. I make sure that all my clothes will mix and match, including formal wear.

Can someone help me with what to pack for dinner time? On non-formal nights, how dressy do I need to get? Can I wear a casual sundress with flip flops or does it need to be a nice dress with some heels? I am already taking two cocktail dresses for formal nights...Can I wear jean capri pants with a lace top? Please help me....Thanks!

Yep you will be just fine with casual sundress and flip flops. Also jean capri pants and lace top will be just fine. Keep the 2 cocktail dresses for formal nite:)

Also so you won't be packing the whole closet, i always mix and match, i can wear the same skirt twice with different blouses, or same outfit with a jacket over it. I normally only take 2 pairs of shoes to wear, to dinner everynight and alternate them, low healed sandals. (except formal) and just so i am not lugging a huge suitcase full of clothes, i take full advantage of the laundry facilities.

Over the years, I have sort of developed a dinner "uniform" for non formal nights. I wear black slacks (the soft, flowing kind) and a different dressy top and jewelry for each night. A pair of black strappy sandals and I'm good to go. I don't own a dress or skirt and just feel so comfortable and dare I say, simple and chic in my black slacks. Cuts down on packing too . . . :)

The last Carnival Cruise I went on there were a couple of "ladies" in the dining room wearing terry cloth robes. Guess what you wear just depends on the ship and how comfortable you want to be.

I prefer to pack a nice pair or 2 of pants and an assortment of tops, easy to mix and match for longer trips.

Over the years, I have sort of developed a dinner "uniform" for non formal nights. I wear black slacks (the soft, flowing kind) and a different dressy top and jewelry for each night. A pair of black strappy sandals and I'm good to go. I don't own a dress or skirt and just feel so comfortable and dare I say, simple and chic in my black slacks. Cuts down on packing too . . . :)

Lady C: That's my exact attire also! I have several pairs of the "flowy" slacks, they are dressy yet totally comfortable. I've acquired many different tops to go with them now, and could create a different outfit for a month! Two pairs of strappy sandals and I'm good to go to dinner, dancing, shows, whatever.

Archived