Just wondering how many people like us cruise critics to this?

marcyjane

Was at work today and quickly checking the boards and cruise sites for pricing.

One of the girls at work ask does everyone that's going on a cruise work on it like you do. I told her I didn't know so I thought I would ask you folks the following.

1. How many people search boards like this one (or others) for information and tips.

2. How many people that book a cruise keep tabs on the price changing (being increase or drop in price)

3. How many first timers do you think are on each cruise that don't know all this information is out there.

Just wondering, cause our first cruise back in 1994 I don't even remember if we had a computer back then and sure didn't know about any boards like this and there might not have been any in 94. So we booked and went clueless.

Our last cruise I learned so much from reading these boards I felt as if I was a veteran cruiser.

With everyone's help here and Carnival Site, On our last cruise we had the deck plans down pat and all the in's & out's + saving money watching the prices and not caring to ask the PVP for ship board credit or reduce in cruise fare.

So anyway with a ship let's say like the Victory we are going on has a passenger cap. of over 2000 people what % would you say does what most of us here do? What % has no idea all this info is out there?

Thanks,:)

I have been cruising since 1969. Needless to say there were no boards/internet back then. I discovered these boards just before our 2001 cruise. I do love them and constantly check on stuff even when I have no cruises actually planned. Who knows when a whamo deal could come up (I have 21 vacation days per year and enough senority to takem when I want). When I have a cruise planned I do work at it. I want to get the most interesting experience I can for the $$ spent. therefore, I read up on the ports at assorted travel sites and then come her to check out what everyone is saying to do in the ports and with which privat vendors. I also want to know how formal a particular ship tends to be for packing purposes (I do own plenty).

Victory actually has a pax capacity of >3000 (was on her 3/04). From talking to many people on our cruises since 2001 I would say less than 10% of the people visit any cruise discussion boards and I am constantly passing out this web address and 2 others I visit at least weekly.

I booked my first cruise in January of this year. I found the CC boards quickly and had a great cruise because of all the info I found here. I have booked a second cruise now, guess I'm hooked!

I would agree with Holly on the less than 10%. Of course, you never know who is lurking but not posting. The only ones well informed are most likely those that frequent boards such as this.

I came to this board to get information on Carnival ships and just found so much information that I keep checking back several times a day. I agree with the 10%. PPL don't realize the amont of information you can get from everyday ppl just like you and me. Believe me the only thing I thought I knew about cruises was, they are too expensive ( I learned that was wrong), and the boat is really big. That about sums it up. Now I know things from price drops to not flushing while you are still sitting on the potty. No THAT is important info...lol

Archived