What was your favourite part of your cruise?

Tinalou

Just wanting to hear your thoughts and opinions on the best aspect of your cruise.

For us, our most enjoyable part of the cruise was waking everyday and rushing out onto the deck to see our new island awaiting us.

I also loved how at home we felt and how the staff get to know you and make you feel like you have joined their big family.

Also, having cruised on the Sun, our favourite spot was the Speakeasy Bar...with the piano built into the bar. I loved listening to the piano and singing, loved sitting in the corner and loved the atmosphere. Loved the drinks too!

firstly congrats on the wedding Tinalou :)

most enjoyable part, lets see...

probably sitting at the outback bar on the star late into the night, after most people had gone to bed or the disco and just chatting with the staff. was nice to sit there with the sound of the sea being one of the only things that i could here.

also seeing watching the dolphins playing along the side of the ship for an hour on the first morning

Thanks for your congrats and kind wishes. :)

Yes, Jesse Benez was the pianist, he is fantastic. I really enjoyed listening to him.

DOLPHINS! :eek: I took my binoculars hoping desperately to see dolphins, but no such luck- I suppose we didnt spent so much time on deck looking over the edge...

Bingo- we only went on the last day when the jackpot was over $6,000. Kevin hosted it and he was a lot of fun- he is really cheeky but not as funny as Demo, though he tries! :p It was so much more than just sitting there and checking off numbers, it was like a performance, lol...and really laid back too. I wished I had gone more, even though I am not a big bingo player.

DOLPHINS! :eek: I took my binoculars hoping desperately to see dolphins, but no such luck- I suppose we didnt spent so much time on deck looking over the edge...

i think it was more luck that i happened to be looking over the railing at that time. was terribly sick the first morning and the top deck was the only place i could stand to be.

in one hour, i had made myself aquainted with every male toilet on the Star (untill i found the kwells)

in one hour, i had made myself aquainted with every male toilet on the Star (untill i found the kwells)

LOL....yep, sure know that feeling. :rolleyes: Well, not the male toilets though, lol....

On our first night all we heard over the PA was "Code Alpha, in front of the Burgundy room; Code Alpha, in front of the spa" and hubby and I were just looking at each other going "God help us" :rolleyes:. I am guessing Code Alpha is CODE SPEW but I could be wrong. :o

Everyday's my favourite day. What do I love best......? Ummmm. I love the days at sea, laying back enjoying the rays watching the beautiful blue waters, especially at the back of the ship with all the water churned up and frothy. I love the sunsets especially when you leave an island with the sunsetting behind it. I love getting to the cruise terminal then that first step onto the ship. That's when I know my holiday has begun! The day I like the least........ it's the day I've got to get off the ship!!!

Everyday's my favourite day. What do I love best......? Ummmm. I love the days at sea, laying back enjoying the rays watching the beautiful blue waters, especially at the back of the ship with all the water churned up and frothy. I love the sunsets especially when you leave an island with the sunsetting behind it. I love getting to the cruise terminal then that first step onto the ship. That's when I know my holiday has begun! The day I like the least........ it's the day I've got to get off the ship!!!

:D This the best part of any Cruise the going even up early to finnish up,

The worst will be next week getting off:( .

But I think that the best will be no phone, e-mail etc

No need to worry as others will do that for me.

All I need to do is think about the important things such as :-

Whats for dinner?

What time is the bingo?

Breakfast up or down.

Boy that sounds like hard work.

See you after I have suffered the great strain of this week Ha! Ha! Ha!

It all sounds fantastic. As a first-timer, I have enjoyed reading your comments. Hubby and I are off on the Peaches Sunset (Oct 25 Star cruise) and I note that a few of you are also on that cruise. Perhaps we can compare notes? I found this site by accident and I'm so glad I did. I'm a bit lost on message board sites, so I hope you will bear with me, or at least steer me in the right direction. Look forward to chatting with you.

Cheers

Kinkacruiser

LOL....yep, sure know that feeling. :rolleyes: Well, not the male toilets though, lol....

On our first night all we heard over the PA was "Code Alpha, in front of the Burgundy room; Code Alpha, in front of the spa" and hubby and I were just looking at each other going "God help us" :rolleyes:. I am guessing Code Alpha is CODE SPEW but I could be wrong. :o

Code Alpha is a medical emergency - but yes, I'm guessing that by the sound of it, on your cruise it was probably Code Spew.... :) or maybe Code Fallen Flat on Backside.

I enjoy just being able to go away and relax - have all the mundane stuff (cooking, cleaning etc) done for you, and being able to choose to do as little or as much as you like.

Cruising has to be one of the most relaxing ways to holiday.

My LEAST favourite thing is departing the last port and hearing the Captain say "we are now setting a heading for Brisbane/Sydney" (or wherever the cruise is returning to finish).

Kym

I love getting to the cruise terminal then that first step onto the ship. That's when I know my holiday has begun!

That reminds me of my first cruise. We embarked in Brisbane at the temporary terminal at Pinkenba. Boarding on Pacific Sky at Pinkenba was done on Caribe Deck through the Pursers lounge and the first thing I heard was Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" - the theme to the movie Titanic...... Not a very confidence inspiring moment!!

Kym

That reminds me of my first cruise. We embarked in Brisbane at the temporary terminal at Pinkenba. Boarding on Pacific Sky at Pinkenba was done on Caribe Deck through the Pursers lounge and the first thing I heard was Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" - the theme to the movie Titanic...... Not a very confidence inspiring moment!!

Kym

LMAO Kym, you would think that song would be banned from all cruise ships! :rolleyes:

If you think that's bad, not long before we left for ours, the movie Poseidon came out (yes, we went to watch it) and if that wasnt bad enough, they did a Titanic movie marathon on Channel 7 one night while I was sitting there reading up on the ship and I was just like :eek: :rolleyes:.

I am very nervous when it comes to deep water and my biggest fear was going on a ship. The whole time we were there, those horrible thoughts popped up into my mind, but I made it!

Code Alpha is a medical emergency - but yes, I'm guessing that by the sound of it, on your cruise it was probably Code Spew.... :) or maybe Code Fallen Flat on Backside.

Hmm, interesting. Well, this all happened on one of the roughest nights at sea where everyone was sick, so we just assumed it was sickness, however now that you mention that....we did have two deaths and one stroke during the course of our cruise, so you never know. :( What a horrible end to a holiday, hey?

I think the WORST aspect (which I should have included in the original question) was all the waiting in line- I HATED it with a passion. I was also a little bit annoyed because from reading everyone's reviews here, getting balloons on your door and being treated special for an occasion seemed pretty standard across all cruises but when we got married, we had to ASK our steward for balloons and nobody really gave a hoot to do anything special for us, which was a little disappointing. We finally got our balloons, but some little brat took off with them eventually. Wonder how they would explain THAT to their parents.

I think the WORST aspect (which I should have included in the original question) was all the waiting in line- I HATED it with a passion. I was also a little bit annoyed because from reading everyone's reviews here, getting balloons on your door and being treated special for an occasion seemed pretty standard across all cruises but when we got married, we had to ASK our steward for balloons and nobody really gave a hoot to do anything special for us, which was a little disappointing. We finally got our balloons, but some little brat took off with them eventually. Wonder how they would explain THAT to their parents.

I guess you don't have to ask for the birthday things because they have your dates of birth through bookings and also from passports through immigration, so they probably get a list of birthdays that come up.

For other things like wedding's (congratulations by the way!) and anniverarys and the like if you don't tell them they don't know.

I guess you don't have to ask for the birthday things because they have your dates of birth through bookings and also from passports through immigration, so they probably get a list of birthdays that come up.

For other things like wedding's (congratulations by the way!) and anniverarys and the like if you don't tell them they don't know.

Thanks for your congrats, so nice of you. :o

I know what you mean about dates of birth being on file, that makes sense. However our cabin steward saw my dress and hubby's suit hanging up for days in our cabin and he even saw us on the morning of the wedding and said congratulations and later that night I was waiting for my balloons, just waiting and waiting and even checked for chocolates on my pillow and I was just thinking, OMG we got jibbed. :rolleyes: Lol....

The worst part was that we went walking through all the other decks and other married couples had their balloons up!

:mad:

I think our cabin steward hated us. Must have been cuz we were a little untidy. I was on holiday, I didnt have the time or energy to be neat. Lol..

If you think that's bad, not long before we left for ours, the movie Poseidon came out (yes, we went to watch it) and if that wasnt bad enough, they did a Titanic movie marathon on Channel 7 one night while I was sitting there reading up on the ship and I was just like :eek: :rolleyes:.

On a similar line - one time, the night before I was flying somewhere, only about the 2nd or 3rd time I'd flown anywhere, I watched the movie ALIVE! (the true story about the plane crash in the Andes mountains where they were left to fend for themselves and resorted to cannibalism). It has a very realistic crash sequence at the start of the movie. That was a bit worrying. And then the day I was flying I was waiting at the airport and they had the news on one of the tvs in the departure lounge showng news of a plane crash somewhere in the world that had just happened.

I got nothing on my birthday. I had to ask for a cake at dinner and got a small tart with a candle in it. A few waiters sang happy birthday and I was given a standard "congratulations" card. If I hadn't of asked, I would have got nothing. Btw, if you want a big birthday cake, it costs $15 and you need to give them at least 24 hours notice.

Trevor.

We made sure that on the first day of the cruise we spoke to the maitre d' and told him what day it was etc. got a small cake (bit bigger than a cupcake). They didn't tell us about the option of buying a cake.

I also told the cabin stewards and they had balloons but put them up the wrong day. :)

I am sitting down the 3 friends that i am going with and making them watch every cruise ship disaster movie i can find. The original Poseidon Adventure, the new one, titanic and Speed 2 to name a few :cool:

I am sitting down the 3 friends that i am going with and making them watch every cruise ship disaster movie i can find. The original Poseidon Adventure, the new one, titanic and Speed 2 to name a few :cool:

Speed 2 isn't a disaster movie - it's just a disaster :) , same applies to the new Posiedon movie.

My favourite part of a cruise is the moment we lose sight of the land, I just love being surrounded by the sea. It is such a different feeling, almost like being in a different world. I would love to be at sea for more days than they usually give you. I'm all for skipping Noumea at least.

Archived