My last post for a while....

Old As Dirt Mom

Since I had posted my email address, Karin dropped me a note. In it she expressed her appreciation for this wonderful support and prayers. While she has not posted, she has seen the support and it means so much to her.

I'm sure she'll be in touch when they know more, but that may take some time.

She said this for all of you:

[SIZE=3]"I am so very touched by all the many kind words, thoughts, and prayers being offered on my niece's behalf. Her name, by the way, is Emily. Please convey my thanks ............. I thank you all so very, very much. It's wonderful to know that even though I have never met you all in person, you are still so willing to offer your prayers and kind words of support for this young girl. Karin"[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Heather

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Karin - I'm so sorry this had to happen to Emily & her family. Of course it has far reaching effects on the extended family too. It's unbelievable what a few seconds this way or that can do to everyone you love.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]I had goosebumps when I read your initial post, I was that bothered. Sure hope Emily pulls thru & is able to dance again. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]And the driver - he needs to be prosecuted & punished to the max.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you & your family often.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Charliesmom']I truly believe prayers work. My brother-in-law was gravely ill four years ago after having suffered an infection after open heart surgery. His heart burst 3 times and he is alive to tell the tale today (and not doing badly).
[/QUOTE]
I too will add that prayers certainly do work ... prayers and the loving support of those around you.

While my injuries were certainly nowhere near this bad, I too was told that I may never walk again after my parachuting injury in 1999. I broke both femurs ... in case you don't know, the femur is the biggest bone in the human body ... the thickest ... and very, very difficult to break. And I did both. Good job! My left femur was broken in several places, while the right was what the doctors called a "clean" break.

The doctors told me that I would never skydive again for sure, and possibly not even walk without great difficulty. I proved them wrong on both counts. Lots of prayers, both my own and those of a wide circle of family and skydiving friends, plus lots of hard work in rehab (only after spending about four months confined to a wheelchair) coupled with sheer determination ... I made just about a full recovery. Oh, I do walk with a limp when I am really tired, and I don't run too well these days ... but basically my life is back to where it was before the accident. And while I've made the personal choice not to get actively back in the sport of skydiving, I have done a couple of tandem skydives since then ... basically thumbing my nose at all those pessimestic doctors.

So believe me ... if we all hold this child and her family up in prayer ... and she receives the love and unwavering support of her family and friends through what is sure to be a long and difficult recuperation and rehabilitation, she will come through with flying colors. I truly believe that.

Blue skies ...

--rita

three

Karin,

You do not know me, but I do recognize your screen name... A previous poster gave the link to the article and my heart just broke as I read what happen to your family...:(

I do hope that you are able to monitor these boards and that all of our prayers help Emily and her family recover from the horror they have witnessed...

Please do keep us informed..

My brother and his family say "thank you" from the bottom of their hearts for all your kind thoughts, wishes, and prayers. Those prayers and good thoughts have helped pull Emily through; for the first time, the doctors say they believe she will make it. At this writing, she is still in ICU at UNM (where she was transferred from Santa Fe).

Friday she had a successful blood transfusion, and has already survived two surgeries on her leg . She has many more surgeries ahead of her. The doctors think they can save her leg, but it will be badly scarred. They also don't know if her leg will continue to grow, as her growth plate in her femur was broken. So please keep those powerful thoughts and prayers of yours coming, because so far, they are working!

Thank you, thank you, for your tremendous kindness. Thank you to Host Walt and Host Doug for allowing this thread to remain. What a wonderful community of people you are! I hope I have the opportunity to sail with you some day.

Karin

IT's good to know that Emily is doing better. I think of you and your family so often through out the day and send up a prayer of help for all of you. And, that the doctor's are led in the correct way to help Emily with her recovery.

How is your nephew and brother doing with their injuries?

Keeping you all close in thought and prayer.

Archived