Snorkel catamarans & sunset cruise - Recommendations???

HRHMadonna

We took the Turtle Bay Catamaran trip out of St Georges on the Rising Son II which we booked through NCL and it was awesome!! They bring you over a turtle sanctuary so you can 'meet the locals', then to a GORGEOUS private beach where you can snorkel, swim, or just hang out. Free soda and Rum Swizzles on the ride back too!!!!! Beautiful views of Bermuda and St David's lighthouse from the cat, too. We had a BALL and highly recommend it.

One word though......don't forget sunblock like I did!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We took the Turtle Bay Catamaran trip out of St Georges on the Rising Son II which we booked through NCL and it was awesome!! They bring you over a turtle sanctuary so you can 'meet the locals', then to a GORGEOUS private beach where you can snorkel, swim, or just hang out. Free soda and Rum Swizzles on the ride back too!!!!! Beautiful views of Bermuda and St David's lighthouse from the cat, too. We had a BALL and highly recommend it.

One word though......don't forget sunblock like I did!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Even though we didn't find the time to take this boat, we did ask other people on the cruise ship and some locals. They all said the same thing. Great excursion and especially a great, friendly crew. Well worth the price. It was docked right in St. George, about 50 feet from the cruiseship. You can book it either throught the cruiseline or directly at the dock. I was also told that they served home baked cookies, which sounds neat.:)

I have some notes from posts on these boards that one way to experience a sunset cruise & enjoy ther scenery is to take a ferry ride at sunset -- One route suggested was across Hamilton Harbor & the Great Sound to Somerset and Dockyard on the Hamilton-Somerset-Dockyard Ferry (approx 30 min one way & reportedly perfect at sunset).

Another route was the Hamilton-Dockyard-St George route which also takes you out along Bermuda's North shore & around into St. George Harbor via Town Cut (approx 90 min from Hamilton to St George.)

I plan to try these next week!

We were considering taking this shore excursion (we will be on NCL's "Crown" October 22 sailing). The printed Shore excursion order form and pricing sheet that came with our tickets priced it at $72.00. When I went to the new NCL website, the price was $139.00. Didn't seem logical that a shore excursion would almost double in price -- same description, same company. I called NCL and the very nice lady said she would check with the person in charge who was not in the office that day. Anyone else notice this discrepancy in pricing? I'm hoping we can book it on shore when we get to St. George or do something different...

Um, that must be an error. It was around $70 (don't remember exactly how much) this past August.

I contacted the captain, Beez Evans, online before I went to Bermuda and he requested that I book through NCL. I guess it's easier for them that way and they can contact you through the ship if the weather causes a cancellation.

I don't recommend waiting till you get to St. Georges. When we were on the cat and pulling away from the dock, the crew told us to 'wave at all the people who now are wishing they made reservations!!!!'. It was sold out and I think it always sells out. It's SO much fun. You can contact them at

www.charterbermuda.com

Have fun!!!!

Archived