Anyone been to the Krystal Vallarta lately

gabismom

We are sailing the Pride on 10/15/2006 and I have been to PV before on a land vacation. I did some research on the boards and found the Krystal Vallarta which is very close to the port as a recommended beach spot. I would like to book a massage but was wondering if the Krystal is charging for day use. Thanks in advance.

We were there on the Sept. 3rd. Pride sailing. We had the massage and it was, in a word, awesome!!!! Security at the gate to the Krystal wanted to charge us $20 PP, however, we told them we were there for the massage and were allowed in at no charge. We're going back on the Pride for the New Year's cruise, and will be doing the Krtstal again. Enjoy your cruise.

We just got back yesterday. Showed security at the gate our reservation for massages and they let us in. The BEST massage ever in my life!!!! DH and I were in the same room. I had two masseuses (sp?) and he had one. It lasted 75 minutes and the total cost for both of us was $105.00 (plus I gave each girl a $10 tip - they seemed happy). Very clean and professional. We hung out at the beach for a little while, but the vendors were too much for us to bear (we were the only ones there - it is still not the busy season). Anyway, I would go back for another massage there in a heartbeat. Have a great time!

Tammy

NOt sure if they charge or not...we had massage reservations...walked up to the hotel...told them we had reservations and walked in. (we showed nothing). Walked back to the spa which is a ways....we could have stayed there all day I guess...no one said anything and there were hardly any people there!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses! We are travelling with our children 8 and 2 and wanted to hang out at the beach to wait while the other gets their massage. It's nice to know that we will have something to do. Thanks again!

How do you contact them for massage reservations?

I have googled for it but only get hotel reservation services, not even the hotel itself.

Thanks.

We just got back yesterday. Showed security at the gate our reservation for massages and they let us in. The BEST massage ever in my life!!!! DH and I were in the same room. I had two masseuses (sp?) and he had one. It lasted 75 minutes and the total cost for both of us was $105.00 (plus I gave each girl a $10 tip - they seemed happy). Very clean and professional. We hung out at the beach for a little while, but the vendors were too much for us to bear (we were the only ones there - it is still not the busy season). Anyway, I would go back for another massage there in a heartbeat. Have a great time!

Tammy

We were there on the Sept. 3rd. Pride sailing. We had the massage and it was, in a word, awesome!!!! Security at the gate to the Krystal wanted to charge us $20 PP, however, we told them we were there for the massage and were allowed in at no charge. We're going back on the Pride for the New Year's cruise, and will be doing the Krtstal again. Enjoy your cruise.

mkitchy - come visit us at our roll call - the link is in my signature. 83 days!!!

DH and I were in the same room. I had two masseuses (sp?) and he had one. It lasted 75 minutes and the total cost for both of us was $105.00 (plus I gave each girl a $10 tip - they seemed happy).

Did they raise their prices? Didn't the couples massage use to be $75? - Oh! I found the brochure they sent me and it was $75. Does anyone know if they have raised their prices for sure? Still deciding whether to book this or not.

Back again - I have just emailed Leandro at the spa and I will let you know what he says.

I just got this from them.

the price for the 2 massage is $75 usd for 75 minutes each massage,

Did they raise their prices? Didn't the couples massage use to be $75? - Oh! I found the brochure they sent me and it was $75. Does anyone know if they have raised their prices for sure? Still deciding whether to book this or not.

Back again - I have just emailed Leandro at the spa and I will let you know what he says.

I think the $75 is for a 75 minute 4 hands massage which is a massage for one person with two masseuses. I know a 75 minute massage with one person doing the massaging and one person receiving the massage is $35. The only difference with a couples massage is that there are two people receiving massages and probably only two people giving massages so that should be only $70 for both. I am going next week so I can find out for sure.

mai

Seems like this is something I don't want to miss. I'm doing a canpy tour earlier in the day - 11 a.m. What would be a good time to schedule a massage? And will I easily be able to walk from the dock?

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing the Pride on 10/15/2006 and I have been to PV before on a land vacation. I did some research on the boards and found the Krystal Vallarta which is very close to the port as a recommended beach spot. I would like to book a massage but was wondering if the Krystal is charging for day use. Thanks in advance.

Please let us know about your Krystal Massage, how to book etc...

Does anyone have the correct link for direct to Krystal Hotel????

Thanks,

Becky:cool:

Just got back from sailing the Pride yesterday. We had wonderful massages at the the Krystal. We took the back way to the hotel from the dock which was about a 5 or 6 block walk. They did want to charge us when we got to the back gate but I had an e-mail printed with our massage appointments and they let us right in. I hung out at the beach with my children while my husband had his massage and while I got my massage they went to the pool right in front of the spa. Here is the link for the massages:

http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

We are on the Pride next week and are planning on going to the Krystal in Puerto Vallarta. Did you just print up the email and go to the back gate?

It doesn't have appointment times, just the cost. Did you make an appointment?

Last, how much were they going to charge you (before you showed them your appointment)?

Thanks for your help!

Appointments are highly recommended for massages - they are often booked to capacity. Email them and see what they have available that day. I have already reserved our appt and we aren't there until January. If you just want to use the resort for the pools & the beach there will now be a charge (I have read conflicting amounts $10-$20 each)

I had e-mailed the Millenium Massages to make an appointment which I would highly recommend too. I think they only have three or four treatment rooms with set appointment times - we had 10:30 and 12 noon. When my massage was over we saw all of the masseuses leave for lunch so I assume they close for a little while or perhaps it was a shift change.

The sign outside of the entrance said $20 for day use but I believe it is credited back with food and drink purchases. I honestly didn't look to closely at the sign because I knew we would be able to get in with our massage appointment. Just FYI, the beach in front of the hotel is a public beach and they just have the part closest to the hotel roped off with the palapas and beach chairs. The rope in no way discourages the vendors as they just walk in. I was sitting in a lounge chair at the beach watching my children and my daughter(8) was down close to the beach by herself and some of the vendors were pestering her. The vendors did not go up to the pool area though.

Have fun!

Thank you Suzie and Gabismom! I will email them right now to see if we can get a massage. If not, we plan on spending the day there, so it may be worth it. We are getting so excited, and a massage would be the perfect start to our vacation!

Thanks again to both of you!

i have to agree with several of the other posters, this was the best (and cheapest ) massage i ever had!!!

makes me want to book another cruise just to get the massage.

i booked the same day and was lucky to get a time. at first, i thought i wouldnt be able to make it back to the ship but then we realized they were giving me the appointment time based on their time zone and not the ship time, giving me an extra hour. i wasnt able to get the facial i wanted, but the massage i received was fantastic.

so, it does pay to book in advance.

if they hassle you for a fee to use the pool area, just walk in through the front of the hotel, through the lobby.

i took a water aerobics class while at the pool. it was fun and a lot of people participated. but, dont forget to tip the instructor.

Archived