Anyone going to Playa del sol beach in cozumel??

cruisekimmy

We are taking our daughter in Sept. We have done Cozumel a few times buy never this beach. I take it you enjoyed it if you are going back. When was the last time you were there?

Also, the lawsuit is over and they had to change their name it is now Playa Mia. There is a website out there with a picture of the new sign about to be put up.

Yes, I'm planning on going to Playa Mia this coming August via the "Party Boat" excursion. Have you taken this excursion? If so, could you tell me about it and the beach itself. Are there bars on the beach, food, etc. Any info you can provide will be appreciated!

I've been to Playa Sol (now renamed to Playa Mia) a few times over the years and love it. Restaurant, bar, chairs umbrellas, watersports, beach activities, changing facilities and a pool. I will be in Cozumel in October on a HAL ship but planning on trying something new, Nachi-Cocom. If you want more details about all the beaches in Cozumel, check out these websites :

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches/

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

paradise beach was great, recommmend in the port of call boards, everything is free and you pay for what food and drinks you order, have jet ski rentals and banana boat rentals next door-you can read more about it on the ports of call message boards. hope this helps

We just got back from Cozumel on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. It is well worth the money. Free floating beach mat, free beach chairs, free beach umbrellas, free drinks. They do have a buffet in which to eat, or you may order from a menu. This had to be one of the most relaxing ports of call and excursions we have ever been on. The price we paid was only $19 per person, plus cab fare over and back.

Carnival Pride July 2002

Carnival Glory July 2003

Mariner of the Seas June 2004

Carnival Valor July 2005

anyone at all??I have been there before its really fun..i am going again when our ship docks in cozumel!!
We are on the Elation this weekend and we are going to Paradise Beach...have been to Playa Sol and Chankanaab...have heard some great things about PB...Jake

Wow RCCL must be cheaper than Carnival, Carnival emailed me that it is $29 per person and includes drinks. On doing research on my own it seems Carnival still offers a discount because Playa Mia charges $32 if you want the drinks and buy direct from them.

Archived