Thinking of doing the MED Oct or Nov?

I am doing the Venice to Barcelona cruise on the Millie this November. I am not concerned at all. To be honest I am only worried about the possibility of rain. If it is cold and I do not think any of the stops get that cold in November, I will just wear a jacket and long sleeves that day. Remember when you are out walking and touring during the day you will be warm. I would rather have it colder than too hot.

Yes, actually I was wondering the same about weather in November. We are going this November, didn't think about weather concerns when we booked, and was wondering if we should skip Capri and just go to Sorrento because of weather, seas and shops/restaurants being closed. It will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say. :)

We were on the Grand Princess last year in November, and it was wonderful. We toured Greece and Turkey. It wasn't a bit hot. The only day when cold weather was a problem was in Athens. I should have brought a rain jacket! I was very glad we waited until autumn. No beach frolics, but lots and lots of culture with few crowds. I'd go again in a heartbeat!:D

went last nov. 8-25th three days in rome 74-78. livorno 72 all day. cannes was light rain in the morning (umbrella and short sleeves) 70 in the afternoon both at st. paul de vence and again back at cannes. barcellona was cloudy in the morning, heavy rain for 3 hrs. mid-day 67 and cloudy and sunny mixed all afternoon about 70. throught the straits and lisbon was 76 and sunny. it isn't cold but you do need an umbrella.

We are just back from the Med and the weather was very changeable. Villefranche was wonderfull, and warm but the day we had in Rome was horrendous, it was raining very hard when we got off the ship and this lasted all day. The seas were very rough for the 2 days after that and we had a very bad crossing from Corsica to Menorca. We have been before in October and it was like high summer, with millpond seas.

We sailed the Millie from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale in 2004. It was a wonderful trip. The Millie returned to the Carib. earlier than it does now. We had no rain until Barcelona. In Gebralta (sp)it was beautiful as it was in Maderia. It was a southern routing so we had warmer and warmer weather as we headed across the Atlantic. During sea days (5) we did have some scwals (sp) which passed quickly. Prior to boarding the Millie in mid October we had been in Italy and Sweden for four weeks. During our visit to Florence we did have a slight rain one day but that was all.

The next year we sailed from Rome to Bangkok on Sept. 14th. We had a huge downpour in the port of Naples which was not to be believed. The pictures are sooooooo funny.

Whatever, I think both months are great months to visit these Med ports. Enjoy your cruise.

Regards,

Shannon

I took a Med cruise October 22-29th. The weather was glorious . . . blue skies in every port (except Marsielle, France where it rained in the AM but later cleared). The temps were in the 60s-80s. We didn't experience rough seas . . we traveled such short distances and I hardly felt the ship move at all. Great trip!

Thinking of doing Millie 14 day Barcelona to Venice.

Thanks

Liz

We did the 12 day Millennium Barcelona-Venice cruise in late September last year - it's an amazing cruise!

Going in the off season and saving a lot of money will have some advantages, but there are some things that you will miss out on as well -

In Sept. it was still warm enough to swim in the ocean (Mykonos and Santorini) .... but Nov. may be too cool.

Also, daylight hours will be quite short in November with sunsets close to 5 p.m. - http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

Guys,

Thank you so much for all the input. I'm thinking of doing the Oct.7 14 day Millie Barcelona to Venice. I hope that we have as good weather as some did next year. I hope that the prices are as good also. I've already call my TA and she is checking prices for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be in my budget.

Liz

Archived