What are your Top 3 things to do on a cruise

Mikel1733

1. Ordering the first Fun Ship Special after boarding, officially beginning the cruise.

2. Hearing the first announcement's signal (ding dong), making me really feel like I'm aboard.

3. Sliding into bed the first night and feeling that gentle push of the waves rocking me to a very deep sleep.

1. ordering Foo Foo drinks up on Lido

2. getting all dressed up for a nice dinner..and NOT worrying about the bill

3. I am woken by someone else bringing me my coffee..all i have to do is pour it! then i get to eat a breakfast whenever i am ready....

Hello my friend! (((hugs)))

Haven't seen you in a few days! How's it going? Are you over your sea legs? Mine finally went away. Now the depression is setting in though....I wanna go cruising again! :cool: Can't afford a big one again for awhile....but I think I have hubby talked into a 3 dayer to Ensenada. Fox has a movie making excursion in Ensenada. Hubby dabbles in acting in and producing B (can we say BAD) movies. He loves anything movie so that has been my weapon to get him to go! *LOL*

I too miss having my coffee brought to me and sipping it on the balcony....*sigh*

5) Turn the cell phone off and DO NOT worry about what is going on back home

We sailed the Holiday 9/21 and I was amazed at the amount of people using their cell phones. This was not just leaving port, I noticed this the entire length of the cruise ... unreal!!

:( Sorry, I know this isn't what the topic is about,but we are leaving on the Holiday 10/14/06 and my mom just broke her knee-cap.Since she can't move around very well with the crutches or wheel chair,she is basically confined to her bedroom and is very depressed about the whole situation.I was worried because she always calls me in the mornings and with me gone for a week she really doesn't have anyone to call other than my dad if she should fall or need something.I'm not saying I want to be on the phone my whole vacation, but maybe a few minutes every other day to check on her if the service works.

Eating

Drinking

Gambling

:( Sorry, I know this isn't what the topic is about,but we are leaving on the Holiday 10/14/06 and my mom just broke her knee-cap.Since she can't move around very well with the crutches or wheel chair,she is basically confined to her bedroom and is very depressed about the whole situation.I was worried because she always calls me in the mornings and with me gone for a week she really doesn't have anyone to call other than my dad if she should fall or need something.I'm not saying I want to be on the phone my whole vacation, but maybe a few minutes every other day to check on her if the service works.

You may want to check into it a little further and make sure your service is the one that will work. Some cell companies may work and others wont. The same for phones, even tho one phone may work at sea, another may not even tho they are for the same company.

1) Sitting on the balcony at night with a drink in hand, hoping to see some type of lightning storm way off on the horizon out in the middle of nowhere

2) Meeting the people on the roll call

3) Being able to not miss my favorite TV shows such as Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Ghost Whisperer while I am on vacation in exotic locations:rolleyes: ..... Make that smoking authentic Cuban cigars

1) Going up on deck with my favorite drink before sail-away and calling friends to brag, then watching the land getting smaller in the distance as my cell phone loses it's signal. I know able to reach me until the trip is over!

2) Riding wave runners in any or all of our beautiful ports.

3) Reconnecting with your spouse after a long year of work.

1. Getting to spend time with my family, who I rarely get to see...

2. Eating all the delicious food

3. Getting to see places/islands some people only dream of getting to visit

I'm adding a 4th...

4. Getting to do the exciting and fabulous excursions (my favorite being scuba diving)!

Our approaching cruise is now 18 days and counting........my top three things I am looking forward to are: 1) Actually getting on the ship and absorbing all the ambiance of Foo Foo drinks and the great food, 2) meeting fellow passengers who have passion for cruising, and 3) cruising to some great ports. Being on a cruise for me is like a small child in a candy shoppe. What do you like?

1) Sleep

2) Reading/Relaxing

3) Going to the Ports

I think my husband loves doing his "LIVE REVIEWS"!

Only 3...

I will preface this by saying I am a single mom and cruise w/ 2 kids.

1. Time alone, while the kids are in Camp Carnival or w/ new friends, reading by the pool w/ drink

2. Going new places and experiencing them w/ my kids

3. Meeting new friends especially those I've chatted with on CC.

Looking forward to my group cruise here on Cruise Critic!!!!!!!!!! Miracle here I come:D !!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Watching the sun set over the ocean while waiting to go to dinner.

2) Sitting on the back deck watching that beautiful blue water.

3) Leaving port with a drink of the day in one hand and waving good-bye to the people on land with the other hand.

Lisa

Speaking of watching the stars from the deck........one of the neatest things we ever experienced on a cruise was sitting in deck chairs about 11:00pm at night and watching an amazing thunderstorm off in the distance. The electrical storm from the lightning was amazing. A violent storm yet so relaxing to watch.

1. Spending that quiet alone time on the balcony with my wonderful wife.

2. Walking the track in the morning with my wonderful wife.

3. Letting everything go and having the time of our lives.

NOTE: We cruise with a group of 35 to 50 people every year but still manage to get our quality time in. It's so easy to say "see you later" and go off by ourselves to enjoy our vacation. Later means.....keep the beer cold, we'll be back.

1. Tea Time- Where you get served like a King or Queen with tea and appetizers that are so good you go to the next one the same week.
  2. Eating all the Great Food- Each night is something different and the Variety is endless. If you want two of the same thing you can get it.
  3. Entertainment- Watching hilarous people during the games, and watching the hour or so show that is very entertaining.

If I could write more things down, I think I could write a Book. Excellent Site, I'll have the rest of the family fill out there's. :D

Archived