Hmm..this don't sound kosher

RadarContact

I booked my first cruise two weeks ago online TA on the

Legend 8/11 8-days out of NYC to the E. Caribbeans. I booked an 8I extended balcony and chosed the specific cabin midship for $956 pp. Called Carnival two days ago and asked to confirm my reservation, they only told me I was booked on the cruise but couldn't confirm the room number. I thought that was odd b/c I selected the specific cabin. This morning I went to Bestpricecruises.com to check prices for the same category and was suprised to see MY cabin available!! Whats up with that? Then I went to Carnival's website and and went to the gifts page and entered my booking number and stateroom number and my name came up if I wanted to purchase a gift. I know its impossible to get an upgrade if you didn't book a gauranteed. Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Also this is my first post and sooo happy that I found this website b/c it has answered all my questions. Anyone else on this cruise?? Been to the Roll Call page and nothing on this cruise. Anyway I'm so glad to be a part of this family.

Thanks

I booked my first cruise two weeks ago online TA on the

Legend 8/11 8-days out of NYC to the E. Caribbeans. I booked an 8I extended balcony and chosed the specific cabin midship for $956 pp. Called Carnival two days ago and asked to confirm my reservation, they only told me I was booked on the cruise but couldn't confirm the room number. I thought that was odd b/c I selected the specific cabin. This morning I went to Bestpricecruises.com to check prices for the same category and was suprised to see MY cabin available!! Whats up with that? Then I went to Carnival's website and and went to the gifts page and entered my booking number and stateroom number and my name came up if I wanted to purchase a gift. I know its impossible to get an upgrade if you didn't book a gauranteed. Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Also this is my first post and sooo happy that I found this website b/c it has answered all my questions. Anyone else on this cruise?? Been to the Roll Call page and nothing on this cruise. Anyway I'm so glad to be a part of this family.

Thanks

RadarContact..

Let me be the first to say............WELCOME!!!

(and you don't know what you've gotten yourself into here...)(hee-hee)

From what I've seen so far..

If you entered your booking number 'and' stateroom number on the gifts page.....and it worked....

Then that cabin IS yours..

Just try talking to Carnival again..to make sure

That happened to our group too. They booked a cat 11 and it was still showing available a few days later. A quick call to the TA confirmed it was not.

And even if you book a specific cabin you can still get an upgrade but the cruiseline will generally ASK you before doing so. It doesn't happen often but it can.

Steveaaa's advice is right on target. After you select what cabin is "supposed" to be yours, if its still available, it isn't yours. If it shows "unavailable" it is probably yours. :D

You're gonna love it here, radar. Carry on. :)

This DID happen to me this January. I booked an 8I on the Spirit. Cabin # 8277 to be specific. When we got to the pier, we found out we were upgraded to an 11. Cabin #6181. Was thrilled! So you CAN be upgraded even if you do choose your own cabin! Good Luck!

Archived