S & S discrepancy

DanusLight

and after searching the forums, found nothing related to this. I'll try to spell it out as best I can.

We were recieving and OBC. When we got to the port to check in the Carnival employee said they didn't handle it there, we would have to go to the pursers desk. Okay, no problem. So we proceed with giving our credit card info for our S&S card. Once on board, we go to the desk to ask about the OBC and were told it would be credited back to the original card used during booking. Okay, so now the S&S credit card used at the port and the credit card used for booking are two different ones. Now to the discrepancy, we have duplicate charges showing on the original credit card used at the port prior to embarktion and the credit card used at the pursers desk for the OBC. I have all of the information laid out on my desk to call guest relations in the morning when they open. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what can I expect to happen? Thanks in advance for your replies!

I don't understand :confused: An OBC is an onboard credit, they apply it to your S&S account... you are saying they applied it to your credit card??? And what is duplicated??? Why did you use 2 different cards???

but we were told our OBC credit would go back to the card we used to book the cruise. I used one to book the cruise DH used another when we were embarking and setting up the S&S account. I can tell you the OBC did not appear on our final print out for charges. I called the credit card company and the amount was creditd back that we were due for our OBC. But now I have a $310 charge on both cards for our balance.:(

but we were told our OBC credit would go back to the card we used to book the cruise. I used one to book the cruise DH used another when we were embarking and setting up the S&S account. I can tell you the OBC did not appear on our final print out for charges. I called the credit card company and the amount was creditd back that we were due for our OBC. But now I have a $310 charge on both cards for our balance.:(

Go it. When talking to C/S, I wouldn't mention the OBC, since you did receive it, I think it would make matters too confusing. Stick to the basics, which is that you were double charged for the balance.

Carnival will straighten this out for you. I'm sure this is not the first time this has happened. When they see duplicate charges on two cards, they will know it's a mistake.

Give them a call in the morning... and don't give it another thought for the remainder of the day. :)

Archived