Liberty 9-15-06

kylescoolmom

Hi all,

This is my 3rd time on Carnival and I still have some questions.

My cabin is 1030 on the 10th deck. I have read the front of the ship is not the best place on the ship? I was in 6336 but got a free upgrade.

I am saving $300.00 a month - How much can I put down on the Sign and Sail account?

Ports - PR - St.Thmoas - Antiqua - Tortola - Bahmas

How do you find the private excusion companies? I am on a $400.00 a day budget for a famliy of 3 and I need to make the most of it. I was thinking of renting a car for the day at $60.00 on each island vs 3 excursions to one place x 4 islands? (planning to see hubby's family in PR)

Any links or advice would greatly be appreciated. I sure could use detail maps of the islands.

Thanks

Linda

PS - did not realize that there were so many cruisers out there. :p

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Just about any question you have can be answered here. To find some excursions for each of these islands you may want to try the port of call boards. From the main board screen scroll down (past Cruise Lines A-O, the other Cruise Lines, the roll call boards) you'll find listing for the ports. I have found out a lot of info on all of our ports of call for both of our cruises. You may also want to join the roll call for your sailing - there you can post with other people sailing with you. I've got a lot of good ideas from them too! Hope this helps!

Edit: I did a search on the internet and found the tourist boards for the islands we are visiting this time. I emailed them and got maps and info mailed to me. My oldest DD is using them for a project she has to do for school on her trip.

Oh silly me - yes 2007 - however there were times in my life where I missed the boat.. ;)

Thank you so much for the advise. I am so excited - I am consumed with this trip. lol and a bit overwhelmed with all that will be going on.

Thank you for all the tips - it looks like things will start to go a little smoother now that I have direction.

Thank you all and enjoy your cruises..

Firefighter wife - I look forward to chatting over the coarse of time. We can share info that we find.. :)

Linda

Archived