NCL concierge/butler verse RCCL concierge service

bajathree

The butler/concierge on NCL is *MUCH* better, IMHO, than RCCL.

While on RCCL, the concierge does have a specific "lounge" where you can go (the highlight, I believe, for many are the free cocktails in the evening); however, NCL's butler is WONDERFUL.

You can have full meals delivered during dining hours and they do handle, as best as possible, other requests during the day. Our butler, Carmen, on the Dawn was prompt, sweet, courteous and an overall joy to see!

We didn't make much use of the concierge, Alex, but, that's just us.

I prefer to actually have service to my cabin - the appeal of a lounge isn't great for me (plus, with all the Diamond and Diamond Plus on RCCL entering the lounge - many days on our recent Explorer cruise, you either couldn't fit into the lounge nor were coffee machines working during non-staffed hours anyway).

I guess it's a matter of opinion - but ours is definitely NCL on this point.

Have a great cruise!

I prefer to actually have service to my cabin - the appeal of a lounge isn't great for me (plus, with all the Diamond and Diamond Plus on RCCL entering the lounge - many days on our recent Explorer cruise, you either couldn't fit into the lounge nor were coffee machines working during non-staffed hours anyway).

Have a great cruise!

They did seem to address this issue somewhat on the new RCCL ships Freedom and Liberty. They have 2 conceirge lounges on those ships. One is for suite holders only and the other for diamond/diamond plus guests

Yes, but on Explorer they "commandeered" another lounge during peak usage hours.

However, during the daytime - when the concierge wasn't in the room - on four separate occassions I went for coffee and had to call reception to have the machines serviced.

On NCL, you had either your own in your suite or the use of the butler! Either way, it's a hands down winner for us as we drink *a lot* of coffee! :D

We are just back from the Dawn and loved loved our bulter. We were in 10226 aft AD penthouse and now there's no other way.

The bulter will get you almost anything you want. We loved full breakfast in the room in the mornings. Only thing left that is needed is someone to keep you on time for everything. So much to do and see plus long dinners by choice and just not enough time.

Archived