Booking Onboard

fishy1

I was wondering what kind of incentives they give you to book your next cruise on board. Also do they require the same deposit as if you were to book it at a travel agent. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

My advice: Book ANYTHING while onboard, even if you are uncertain if you can cruise again soon. Once you have something booked, you can switch to another cruise by phone and keep your credit, as long as you make sure they don't change your booking number. Not cruising? As long as you cancel within the normal limit (75 days) you get all your money back, so all you've lost is the miniscule interest on the deposit money. Last month on the Mariner I booked 2 on RC, 1 on Celebrity, and 2 other staterooms for friends - you can get them credit also.

Hi fishy1

We booked our upcoming Freedom cruise (less than 3 weeks to go!) when on Navigator in May 2005 (see photo link below). We got $100 on board credit and as we're from the UK didn't have to pay any deposit until we arrived back in the UK, and all I had to do was contact RCI here in UK.

Just to clarify two points:

1. no reduction in the deposit on RC.

2. Booking for friends - this was on the Mariner, and no problem at all. However, I've read posts that inferred that on other ships they are not so willing to take "2nd hand" bookings. One thing that may help - I put the deposit on my CC, rather than trying to use the friend's card number. The onboard credit is attached to the stateroom, no matter what CC is used.

Archived