When is the best time to book Christmas break cruise?

I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me when the best time to book a Boxing day trip would be? I usually cruise in Jan/Feb when the rates sometimes dip a bit. This year I was thinking about boxing day onward to early Jan. because of school issues? Did we already miss the deals or do we hold on tight for last minute price breaks? Is it hard to get a cabin for 4 last minute? :confused:

Xmas cruises ususally book up pretty fast. If you know that you want to go book it now. Are you looking at this Xmas? Very unlikely that you will get any deals on holiday cruises. Cabins for 4 are very limited, have you checked if any are still available?

Some of the 2007 Christmas and New Years Eve cruises on a few of the lines are already sold out. If you are looking for a cruise this year, you really shouldn't wait to book. It may already be too late to get a cabin for 4 for this year, because even if the cabin itself is available the ship may have already reached maximum capacity.

I don't know if this is a duplicate response because the internet is acting up. We booked the Liberty last week for this Christmas. We were able to book side-by-side balconies for about $1400 each which I thought was reasonable for an 8 night Christmas cruise. There were cabins available including a suite which we wanted but there were no cabins nearby for our teen kids. We loved the itinerary with all of the sea days and the ports which are new to us. We did the Liberty Med this past August and absolutely loved the ship and ports. Can't wait to get back on.

Are there places where they have Christmas break in October?? LOL :p

No, not many people have Christmas break...

but in the south more and more schools are having a full week of Fall Break in October...that is why you will see a lot more students on board during the middle of October every year.

I booked the Christmas Cruise we are taking on the Glory last November and after making the deposit (12 going) I watched for the deals, I was able to get a price break when they offered the additional rooms with Military discount and saved quite a bit on the 9A's and 4C's but that was back in May and the prices have increased since then. Good Luck with your search. PS have already booked for next Christmas

No, not many people have Christmas break...

but in the south more and more schools are having a full week of Fall Break in October...that is why you will see a lot more students on board during the middle of October every year.

LOL, I was being sarcastic :D The OP asked when to book a cruise for xmas break, and the reply was "in October there are less kids", LOL!! So I was just funnin :D

Are you serious though??? WOW! I thought that alot of people had Christmas Break (okay, it's called Winter break now! LOL)... I didn't realize that not many had that... I guess we are lucky in NC!! And hopefully we will continue being lucky cruising in October with few kids :D

My family and I are sailing at Xmas time on the Destiny Dec. 24-31. There's still availability on our ship (and hardly anyone on our roll call thread:confused: ). The cruise has a GREAT price, but airfare to San Juan unfortunately is VERY high right around Christmas. Our airfare is exceeding our cruise by between $200-$300.

My family and I are sailing at Xmas time on the Destiny Dec. 24-31. There's still availability on our ship (and hardly anyone on our roll call thread:confused: ). The cruise has a GREAT price, but airfare to San Juan unfortunately is VERY high right around Christmas. Our airfare is exceeding our cruise by between $200-$300.

I woulden't worry about the roll call. We are a very small fraction of the cruise ship population that post here.

I woulden't worry about the roll call. We are a very small fraction of the cruise ship population that post here.

I'm not that worried...I understand that we are a small percentage of cruisers. Actually...the less people, the more food and drinks for me!:D Also, I hope that means price reductions and upgrades for me too! hehe (no anticipations, just a what if!)

There are still rooms available on our Cruise Critic group cruise out of Galveston on the Conquest - we leave December 17th and return on the 24th. Most kids are out of school by then, so it's a good time for families. We have some great rates. Check out our group cruise information - see my signature below.

Sherryl

Archived