Is it too soon...?

MeLuvDaSea

With just 67 days, until our Dec. 9th cruise aboard the QM2, is it too soon to start feeling excited? I am fully aware the Cunard passengers are expected to be the epitome of dignity and decorum, but HEY! I am a new convert and so far, I still feel like doing the happy dance...

Ok, just so this thread will have some merit, I'll ask: Is there a site comparable to the British Personaliser site, for the U.S.? I have contacted the staff of the British site, and there are things they cannot answer for me, about my cruise. If there is a U.S.-based site, please someone direct me there. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Don

(You didn't really think my name was MeLuvDaSea did you?)

It's never too soon to get excited about a cruise! I am booked on the Caribbean cruise two weeks after you and I'm very excited! :p I'm looking forward to sailing on this beautiful ship. I see that you've cruised on Carnival in the past... me too... I go with a group each year. I'm ready for some elegance rather than the Carnival glitz. Just wanted to let you know that I share your excitement!

Unfortunately there is no US equivalent of the voyager personalizer at this time. UK residents are the only ones allowed at this time to book online and view their bookings at any time all thru the UK website. All North American residents must arrange their trips through Cunard by phone or a travel agent.

That being said, us North Americans can actually access our already-booked trips on the UK Voyage Personalizer by signing in with our names and booking numbers but you are only allowed to view certain info already taken and do not have the ability to actually change much details and you certainly cannot book shore excursions. Therefore, for those on the left side of the pond its great to see information they have but thats about all for now.

I suspect eventually there will be a change but who knows when that time will come.

I AM TAKING BACK MY LAST MESSAGE!

Everyone in the US (and Canada), take a look at Cunard.com.

When I went into the calendar and was checking out the December 2 sailing for which I am on I noticed something extremely new on the menu on the left hand side. There was a link to "Voyage Personalizer". When you click on it you are then asked for your name and booking number. Now, I didn't get it to work as it kept saying that it was an invalid number but I suspect that it may just be a result of something new that is not quite up and running yet.

However, I think this is it folks! The US website is finally getting a "Voyage Personalizer" of its own!

David

I also tried the U.S. voyage personalizer (for an October 24th crossing) and it also did not recognize my booking number (message: Invalid Booking Number). I was trying to check whether I have late or early seating (I am in Britannia), but there was no reference to it in my boarding papers (which I just got today from my travel agent). Is there any way to find out before boarding?

Don...don't despair...you are not alone. I booked my Dec 2nd cruise LAST Dec 2nd and I've been excited ever since!! ;) I have read everything and every post, every review (good and bad) that I could find and I have shopped til I dropped for this trip!! I have probably bored everyone I know but I do try to do it with a modicum of decorum and a touch of humility!! Don't want to completely alienate them as this trip will end and life will continue as usual. :rolleyes: Stop by our Dec 2nd Roll Call if you want to share some excitement...we are ALWAYS excited there and always welcome new friends whether they're sailing with us or not.

And David...I just checked out the Personalizer and got the same response you did so hopefully it's just not fully operational. I will caution tho that if you check the UK Personalizer from the US, don't be surprised to see erroneous info. I had that happen when I knew my TA had done everything right. When she checked why the discrepency Cunard US was surprised to hear the the UK site had anything at all. And the next time I looked a day later suddenly a couple more things had been added but the info still wasn't right.:confused: Until the US site is functioning I'd just check with my TA to verify that Cunard has everything they need.

Cheers, Penny....who will only stop being excited when they have to drag me bodily off the ship on Dec 9th so Don can get on!!!:eek:

First, I would like to thank those who responded. I do feel less lonely here, now. Thanks to Penny for your encouraging words. I am really excited about this cruise. I only wish it were a crossing, but maybe that will happen when once the missus has experienced the QM2. In making the switch I had to make certain 'promises'. This is supposed to be a one-time thing, just to satisfy my interest, and then back to Carnival. So I am counting on her having a change of heart once aboard.

As for seeing your current booking information, Flag Fan, do try the British site. I can see all of my information there, including my dining arrangements. That link can be found in the same location as on the U.S. site (which also did not work with my booking number, although I have it memorized), at www.cunardline.com. You will, at least, be able to see your information there. I was also able to use that site to enter my immigration info, and personal information.

Sincerely,

Don

After looking around for a few minutes on cunard.com I was able to access the Voyage Personalizer. I entered my booking number (or booking letters would be more accurate) and voila! My info popped up and I was able to fill in the blanks. I will have to access it again this evening when I have our passports handy.

There was nowhere to enter our anniversary info, but I have confirmed with Cunard by phone that our info has been noted. We will celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary while onboard. My, how time flies when you're having fun! :D

Thanks for sharing this info. I never would have found this on my own.

With just 67 days, until our Dec. 9th cruise aboard the QM2, is it too soon to start feeling excited? I am fully aware the Cunard passengers are expected to be the epitome of dignity and decorum, but HEY! I am a new convert and so far, I still feel like doing the happy dance...

Ok, just so this thread will have some merit, I'll ask: Is there a site comparable to the British Personaliser site, for the U.S.? I have contacted the staff of the British site, and there are things they cannot answer for me, about my cruise. If there is a U.S.-based site, please someone direct me there. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Don

(You didn't really think my name was MeLuvDaSea did you?)

hi don we are on the dec9 qm2 cruise as well there is a roll call starting on the roll call section click on other cruiser ships and you will find the qm2 dec9 roll call!!!

after many attempts i was able to enter and view my personl infor on the uk site cunard.co.uk it kept kicking me out but finally i was sucessfull i check the site every day since i am on a gty status waiting for a room assignment i also have been told by others that there is a poor showing for this cruise and cunard has been offering some big discounts!! i live in new jersey usa where are you from best regards jim (ps this is our 4th cruise with cunard and we are always excited)

I JUST ENTERED THE VOYAGE PERSONALISER IN THE US WEBSITE( CUNARDLINE.COM) I HAVE HAD ENTRY INTO THE UK SITE FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW!!!KEEP TRYING FOLKS

hi don we are on the dec9 qm2 cruise as well... i live in new jersey usa where are you from best regards jim

Hi, Jim! My wife and I are from San Antonio, Tx. We will be in an inside cabin on deck 10. This is our first Cunard cruise and our first inside cabin. Our last cruise was (as you can see) on the Elation and we had a very nice cabin on the verandah deck. So this is a change in both directions... I keep hoping for an upgrade to a room with any sort of window, porthole, etc... but don't know the likelihood of that happening. You did say the ship was undersold, so maybe it will happen. We shall see. In any case, it will be great!

Sincerely,

Don

An update to the US personalizer info.....when I tried earlier today I couldn't get on. It said incorrect booking number. Just tried again and got the same so I re-entered the booking number only this time I did not use capital letters and voila :D ....it opened and i was able to access everything and add something. So if you have trouble try using small letters...not capitals. Aren't computers fun???:p

Cheers, Penny

Do these only work if you've purchased your cruise directly through Cunard? Or do you need to get your TA to provide a Cunard reference? (will they do that?)

I didn't book directly with Cunard and was able to access my details - you do need the Cunard reference not the TA one, but my TA provided both - they provided a copy of their confirmation from Cunard and it was on there.

My reference last year was of the format xxxx9x i.e. 6 characters with 1 digit (I booked in the UK - it may be that the US reference has a different format).

Hope this helps

Karen

I didn't book directly with Cunard and was able to access my details - you do need the Cunard reference not the TA one, but my TA provided both - they provided a copy of their confirmation from Cunard and it was on there.

My reference last year was of the format xxxx9x i.e. 6 characters with 1 digit (I booked in the UK - it may be that the US reference has a different format).

Hope this helps

Karen

my code is 6 letters no numbers jim usa

my code is 6 letters no numbers jim usa

We booked onboard - our ref is six letters as well:)

I got in touch with my TA for the Cunard ref. but they say it hasn't been issued yet as I've booked on a guarantee basis

I think your TA is wrong - you should have a booking ref even without a cabin number.

We booked onboard - our ref is six letters as well:)

I think your TA is wrong - you should have a booking ref even without a cabin number.

exactly if you dont have a booking # letters or numbers your not booked with cunard. also t/a have thier own booking # as well as the cruise line!! i'm on a gty basis waiting for a cabin # and i have had a booking # from the day i made the reservation ghood luck

Very interesting!

Thank you for the info - I will get onto them right away!

Ask to see the confirmation Cunard have sent your TA - they may be reluctant to do this, however as long as you are aware that it might show that Cunard are only billing your agent somewhere between 92% and 70% of what you are paying for the cruise (and as long as you accept that) you should be able to persuade them.

Look on that for the Cunard Reference (I think it would be six letters) that is your booking reference. Let us know how you go getting the info from your agent.

I AM a tavel agnet, and on the recent Labor Day cruise, I booked Marc and I, and his Dad and his wife at separate times. One was all letters, one had numbers and letters. From the moment you are booked, even if you have not paid a cent, you have a BOOKING CONFIRMATION number which is assigned by Cunard. Your TA is faxed or emailed a copy imediately. They can tear off the top half from the bottm. One is their confirmation with the breakdown of commissionable costs, noncommissionable costs, their commission and override.The other does not have this break down. That is the "passenger copy" If the TA booked through Princess Online booking engine, they can also print out an agent's copy (with commission on it) or a passenger copy, to give to their client. It is always possible for an agencyto have their own system for keep track of their own bookings, however, they should never refuse to give you a reference to your Cunard booking number. I think Penny hit it on the head. Try both capital and lower case letters. I have also seen things with an A and B, or passenger number 1 and 2! (Our "new" Cunard world club numbers had an A and B on the end, although we each have different numbers! But these were transferred over from the old World Club Numbers.)

there. Now you know all of our secrets!

Karie,

whose life is an open book. Usually to the pages with the pictures. <G>

Archived