Family Prices?

kala4

My husband and I would like to take our four children on a cruise; does anyone know how the pricing works? Should I just take the price of the stateroom and multiply it by six?:eek: Thanks.

Hi - We booked the Royal Family Suite for the six of us. The first two paid 2500., and the rest paid about 500 each. You are only allowed a maximum of 4 in a regular cabin, I'm not sure how many other cabins hold more than 4. I would call RCCL directly and ask them, they will be more helpful.

No taking one fare and multiplying it by 6 won't work. The 1st and 2nd passengers in a room are charged full fare, and then any additional passengers in a room are charged a discounted fare. The discount varies on the room, the ship, the week of sailing etc.

As a family of 6 you have a few options of rooms on RCCL, but many of them will require you to call for pricing. Here are some of your options:

1. Two rooms. Most of the staterooms on board only hold 4 people. So to accommodate 6 people, you would need at least 2 rooms. There are connecting staterooms in most categories on RCCL ships. To save money a lot of families will book two inside staterooms. Some will, depending on the age of their kids, book a balcony cabin for the parents and an inside cabin across the hall for their kids.

2. Royal Family Suite. This option is available on most RCCL ships. The Royal Family Suite holds 5 to 8 people and has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You cannot book this cabin over the internet. You have to call to price it. Sometimes it is less expensive to book 2 cabins than to book the RFS but sometimes it is less expensive to book the RFS.

3. Family Staterooms. There are a number of "regular" family staterooms on various RCCL ships (Family Oceanview, Family Inside Stateroom, Family Promenade). Depending on the particular stateroom they usually hold up to 6 people. They only have 1 bathroom though so depending on the age of your kids this could be tight quarters.

Basically to book for a family of 6 you need to call and price rooms. You can only book a maximum of 4 people in one room over the internet. Also, the website only shows a limited number of rooms so there may be more cabins available than are showing, which can be important if you are trying to book 2 cabins close together.

To get a family suite you will need to book well in advance-there aren't many on the ship and they sell out fast!

You will most likely have to get 2 connecting staterooms.

You will pay full price for the first 2 people in each room, then the cheaper 3rd and 4th person rate for the other 2 children.

If your children are older, you may want to do a balcony room for you and hubby, and a much cheaper inside cabin across the hall for your kids.

Happy planning!

Archived