What exactly is a 5% obstructed view?

untbunny

I have searched the forums for the answer to this question with no luck. DH and I are booked on Majesty's Nov 25 cruise in AB category #907. We were originally in 904 without obstruction. NCL called me to request a change in room numbers for another guest. We agreed to the change. However, after thinking about the swap I am concerned about the obstructed view. Does anyone have experience in this room or one with a 5% obstruction? I have checked with NCL website, cruisedeckplans, and other cruise forum sites. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.:D

Untbunny

aka Rebecca

You are going to have just a very small part of your window obstucted by a life boat. At 5% I would not worry about in fact if you did not know it was 5% obstructed you would probably not even notice. We had a 60% obstructed view on the same floor and really did not mind.

I have checked with NCL website, cruisedeckplans, and other cruise forum sites. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.:D

Untbunny

aka Rebecca

We had a 10% obstructed-view deck 8 CC cabin on our recent Majesty cruise. There was an 8" or so wide crane kind of thing about twelve feet out from our window, and it didn't affect anything. We were centered between two lifeboats and our view was essentially unimpeded.

Last year we were in 917, designated as no obstruction, and we were also between two lifeboats. So I guess the 8" crane was regarded as the "obstruction." Not to worry.

I have checked with NCL website, cruisedeckplans, and other cruise forum sites. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.:D

Untbunny

aka Rebecca

We had a 10% obstructed-view deck 8 CC cabin on our recent Majesty cruise. There was an 8" or so wide crane kind of thing about twelve feet out from our window, and it didn't affect anything. We were centered between two lifeboats and our view was essentially unimpeded.

Last year we were in 917, designated as no obstruction, and we were also between two lifeboats. So I guess the 8" crane was regarded as the "10% obstruction" for our deck 8 cabin. Not to worry.

Among other things, it seems they switched your cabin from port to starboard - not sure if you care about that, but if so, would be more concerned about that than the obstruction.

Did they offer an OBC for doing the switch? It isn't like they were offering an upgrade.

I like starboard side best on the Majesty because you look onto the harbor. Very pretty.

I agree. We were starboard last year and port this year. Others, however, have posted the opposite preference. Wouldn't lose sleep over it, either way.

Archived