World Cup 2007 cruise

yole

:) Is there anyone else out there who will be cruising around the Caribbean on the Maasdam for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 16th April to 3rd May?

Cricket:rolleyes: , now there's a sport I never did understand especially that running back and forth in between the wickets! Very popular in the commonwealth countries though

• 3 weeks later...

;) Yes you're right John and we live in the commonwealth country of Australia! (Originally Brits). I suppose its not really a sport that the average American would follow, but I'm sure you have a few ex-pats living there. I believe ICC World Cricket is chartering the Maasdam for this special 17 day cruise.

regards Yole

;) Yes you're right John and we live in the commonwealth country of Australia! (Originally Brits). I suppose its not really a sport that the average American would follow, but I'm sure you have a few ex-pats living there. I believe ICC World Cricket is chartering the Maasdam for this special 17 day cruise.

regards Yole

Thanks Yole, didn't know that - hope y'all have a lot of fun! Now, the Rugby world cup with the Kiwi's doing the haka before everyone of their matches! That's good stuff!

Cheers Mate!

Cricket - that's like golf without the excersize, isn't it? :rolleyes:

My brother & nephew somehow became enamored of the pastime while living in Blighty for a few years - so much so that they even subscribe to the "cricket channel" on cable TV!

For me, there's only one World Cup and that was held last year in Germany....

Don`t knock cricket if you don`t know anything about it!! It is a fantastic sport, anytime I`m on a Caribbean cruise I try to catch a little of it if it is the right season.............jean:cool:

Actually, I live right smack dab in the middle of the US Cricket hotbed! THe SCC (Sunnyvale Cricket Club) was established in 1893, and this year's United States of America Cricket Association national youth tournament was held right down the road in Cupertino. But I'd still rather watch a good hockey game.... :rolleyes:

Archived