What to do between 7 and 9 am???

crazycruzer68

Grand Cayman is a tender port. If you are on a ship's excursion you will probably meet on the ship to go ashore and won't have any time before your excursion. If you aren't on a ship's excursion, you probably won't be off the ship before 8am or later because they give priority to the first tenders to ship's excursions.

We are only there from 7 to 2, not alot of time and I want to make the most of it, our excursion is from 9 to 12. I am looking for some early morning activites, is there a beach we can walk to and enjoy an early morning stroll?

What time do the shops open???

That's a good question. I wish I had thought of it last week (10/3). :D Because of the time change we were revved up and standing outside of Captain Marvin's at about 7am. :eek: Nothing but a little bakery/internet cafe just down from there was open. I think most places open between 8-9am. I could not see anything open so we just hung out.

If I could do it over again I would have slept in and enjoyed the morning a little more slowly. Instead, we were the first off of the boat WITHOUT a carnival excursion. :confused: I don't know how that worked out. But, this was our first cruise, GC was our first stop & we were anxious to go!

Is there a beach you can walk to?

When you say that stores open up between 8 - 9 is that ship time?

3 places we want to shop at are...........

Hard Rock

Margaritaville

Harley Davidson

are they close to the peir, we will only have about an hour to hour and 1/2 once our excursion is over.

There is not a beach you can walk to. However there is a great snorkeling area you can walk to. As you exit the tenders and go to the main road at the end of the dock area, go to the right. Within around 100 to 200 yards you'll pass two dive places that have access to Eden Rock diving area. This is a good snorkeling area too. The first has a restaurant too, and the second is called Eden Rock dive center. There are rocky entrances (not sandy) into the water by each one - and if you need equipment you can rent there.

If you are taking a private excursion, call the excursion company before your cruise and ask your question. Some will pick you up on 7 mile beach near where they turn off towards the marina where the boats to Stingray City will leave from. Some will transport you to the beach or you can take a cab.

Is there a beach you can walk to?

When you say that stores open up between 8 - 9 is that ship time?

3 places we want to shop at are...........

Hard Rock

Margaritaville

Harley Davidson

are they close to the peir, we will only have about an hour to hour and 1/2 once our excursion is over.

Hard Rock is to the right of the port area (it faces the water), and Margaritaville is toward the left tender area (it also faces the water). I don't know about the Harley place, we didn't see it, but we weren't looking for it. You won't be able to miss the Hard Rock or Margaritaville.

Seven Mile Beach is too far to walk to, but you could go to your right, and you'll see Eden Rock. The Paradise restaurant is next to it.

Archived