Info

slyfox0113

I am cruising on the Carnival Legend on Oct 11. I have heard cruising out of NY can be rough seas. Is this true? Also, we have never been to the Caribbean, and would like to purchase some jewelry I would like some feedback negative and positive from anyone who made any purchases.

Celebrity Meridian-July 1994

Carnival Triumph-September 2005

Cruising out of anywhere can have rough seas. Sometimes it can be a bit rocky leaving the NY area for the first day or so. It's never bothered me (then again, I was on the Dawn coming back to NY this year in the blizzard and sat up all night watching the waves and the snow); but if you're worried, Bonine or something similar could be brought with you just in case.

As for jewelry, I've purchased a fair share over the years. I don't know your ports, but I've done damage in most of them. :D

You need to do your homework and know what you may want (types of stones) and what the base prices are. Stick with reputable stores and you should be fine. Many will negotiate on prices, so you should be ready to negotiate.

Also, we have never been to the Caribbean, and would like to purchase some jewelry I would like some feedback negative and positive from anyone who made any purchases.

You will get lots of information from the shopping talk given by the ships shopper. The day and time should be in your Capers. Be sure to get there early and sit as close to the front as possible. They sometimes throw out merchandise during their talk.

Have not cruised out of New York, but my husband bought me the nicessssssssssssst diamond in St. Thomas and when we returned home I had it appraised (hate to admit it but he is not exactly a spender and was worried it might be glass) appraised for a much larger amount then he paid and it was real. Of all the places we have cruised found that St. Thomas was willing to bargain and got a better price then the shops recommened by the ship

Bonine is a chewable tablet that you take for sea sickness. You can find them at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens etc. I was told to take 1 everyday but I didn't listen. When I felt the boat rocking I would chew one and it did the job for me. I have never been sick on my cruises.

Archived