Splendour of the seas for teens

Taking the Western Carib holiday cruise this December and I am looking for info for the activities on Splendour of the Seas for my 17 year old son and 13 year old dtr. Any past cruisers,please give me insight..

Thanks

I also am taking the holiday cruise on the Splendor of the Seas out of Galveston on Dec. 23, 2006. I have 4 young adults going with me and was wondering what I could tell them there would be for their age group. My kids ages are 17,19, 20, and 21. The 17 year old is especially curious as to what there will be for him to do.

We were on the ship with two teenagers (13 and 14) for a week. They had a great time, despite the fact that RCCL staff did not show up at the posted events about half the time. The kid facilities on the Splendour are really non-existent. When an a teenage event was scheduled, if only a few kids showed up at the exact time, the staff would say that there were not enough present to do the activity and the staff member would leave. Within 10 minutes of the start time, there would be 15-20 kids who arrived, but there wouldn't be a crew member, so they'd leave. Very disappointing. The kids would wander in groups, sit under the stairs, or go into one of the lounges. RCCL waiters would shout at them to leave. Bottom line, the Splendour was built before cruise ships focused on spaces for teenagers.

I think the newer ships have better kids facilities.

That said, the kids had fun just hanging out with other kids, despite the lack of interest by RCCL staff.

Archived