Does anyone know about 20 yr olds in the dance club?

My brother has his girlfriend coming on the cruise with him; she is 20. Although she does not drink, which I know with the new rules she couldn't anyway, can she join us in the dance club? It would be for dancing and just hanging out. Does anyone know if this is something that can happen? Any recent experiences? What about in the ports of call? We will be hitting San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau.

Thanks for your help!

Going on the Explorer in April!!!

Clubs are 18 and up after 10pm.

That may no longer be accurate since they have changed their drinking age policy and it may be that persons will need to be 21 and over to enter the disco. They do check Seapasses at the entrance, so a 20 year old might be denied entry.

On the Alaskan Itinararies, for instance, you always had to be 21 to drink..and they still let over 18 in the club...you just cant buy drinks...so I dont see what the change in drinking policy would have to do with it..and before 18-20 had to have a parent waiver to drink and even with out the wavier they could get into the club.

Ture, she can not drink (but I didnt think from the original post that she wanted to drink....just hang out and dance)...I still think there is no problem, they will allow her to dance and hang out.

You could be right, but I just wanted to alert the OP that there might be a problem. RCI is cracking down on underage drinking onboard its ships, and a promise, not to drink, however sincere, might not be sufficient. That is why they check Seapasses at the entrance in the first place.

I just checked the RCCL website and it states 18 and over will be allowed in the club but must be 21 to drink. There are a few exceptions to the rule but for the most part this is the policy for Caribbean sailings. Now things change fast so this policy could change.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the information about over 18 being allowed in the clubs. My daughter was 17 on our last cruise and will be 20 on the next in July 2007. At least this time around she will be able to hang out with her 22 y.o. sister in the clubs.

Archived