Corkage

Kindlychap

Somewhat of an embarrassment to own up to, but my wife doesn't like Chateau d'Yquem.

I didn't realise before I married her and (at present) I can't afford a divorce.

But she is partial to Eiswein, which is difficult as last time on board they had stopped keeping it.

If we were to take a bottle, how much corkage would they charge, if any, for a half bottle?

Somewhat of an embarrassment to own up to, but my wife doesn't like Chateau d'Yquem.

I didn't realise before I married her and (at present) I can't afford a divorce.

But she is partial to Eiswein, which is difficult as last time on board they had stopped keeping it.

If we were to take a bottle, how much corkage would they charge, if any, for a half bottle?

I find it amusing that someone who books a QG suite and drinks Chateau d'Yquem should be concerned about the cost of corkage fees...

Cheers

I find it amusing that someone who books a QG suite and drinks Chateau d'Yquem should be concerned about the cost of corkage fees...

Cheers

PS... spring for the full bottle

Yes indeed, they would charge you corkage. I have had a bottle of wine delivered to my my cabin from the ship's cellar as a gift from my TA. On asking, I was told that if I brought that bottle to the dining room, they would charge me corkage.:mad:

Yes indeed, they would charge you corkage. I have had a bottle of wine delivered to my my cabin from the ship's cellar as a gift from my TA. On asking, I was told that if I brought that bottle to the dining room, they would charge me corkage.:mad:

in the p-grill for 4 cruises QM2 and QE2 we were never charged a corkage fee and we sent may bottles of wine and champagne from our room via our room steward.. we always tipped both the wine steward and the room steward but tips aside if the gift wine or champagne is delivered to the cabin or the dining room i never heard of corkage being charged if it was purchased from cunard . every bottle of cunard stock has a cunard label on it!!

best regard

Two weeks ago on QM2 Britannia, the corkage fee was $15 for a bottle (I don't know if they distinguish between a bottle and half bottle). I do not know if it differs in the Grills. Also, I had a gift bottle of wine in my cabin which we brought to the dining room and it was opened with no corkage charge.

Thanks to all.

In part my question was also "will they do it" which has clearly been answered. I could have phrased that better in my opening post!

I can't take a full bottle as I only have halves to hand. It's not the easiest thing to find in rural Leicestershire. And in any case, it is only a three night trip.

If corkage is only $15.00 then that seems very, very fair.

It annoys me that the wine list has contracted so much, but I suppose that there isn't a big market for Eiswein.

Archived