For those that have been on many RC ships...

DeRon

FREEDOM!!! What an awesome ship! But I have to say I love all 3 I've been on, and we're going on Explorer again next year! That's beautiful too. But the H20 Zone is awesome on the Freedom, even just the way they light it up at night!!

I like the Rhapsody of the Seas best. The ship is fast, fun and does not have too many passengers but it is a big ship.

Fair Princess 1994

Regal Princess 1995

Crown Princess 1995

Song of America 1997

Sun Princess 1997

Song of America 1998

Crown Princess 1998

Sea Princess 1999

Rhapsody of the Seas 1999

Ocean Princess 2000

Sea Princess 2000

Rhapsody of the Seas 2001

Radiance of the Seas 2001

Mercury 2001

Sea Princess 2002

Radiance of the Seas 2002

Splendor of the Seas 2003

Mercury 2004

Serenade of the Seas 2005

Grand Princess 2006

Radiance of the Seas 2006

I like the Rhapsody of the Seas best. The ship is fast, fun and does not have too many passengers but it is a big ship.

Fair Princess 1994

Regal Princess 1995

Crown Princess 1995

Song of America 1997

Sun Princess 1997

Song of America 1998

Crown Princess 1998

Sea Princess 1999

Rhapsody of the Seas 1999

Ocean Princess 2000

Sea Princess 2000

Rhapsody of the Seas 2001

Radiance of the Seas 2001

Mercury 2001

Sea Princess 2002

Radiance of the Seas 2002

Splendor of the Seas 2003

Mercury 2004

Serenade of the Seas 2005

Grand Princess 2006

Radiance of the Seas 2006

I notice you have been on Princess Grand. How do you compare this to the larger RC ships? Food?

For those that have been on many Royal Car. ships, what is your all-time FAVORITE??

Thanks!

At one time it was the Adventure.

Then I sailed the Empress 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. I fell in Love with that little ship and will sail her again next year on the same cruise.

We have no favorites. Every ship has it's own personality and character as well as plusses and minuses. We just love cruising and would sail on any ship. Although we are really looking forward to sailing on the Brilliance.

I notice you have been on Princess Grand. How do you compare this to the larger RC ships? Food?

I found the Grand to be a poorly designed older ship but the price was right. The Radiance is smaller but twice the ship in every way. I liked the Rhapsody because she had a "soul" and the crew was great. Best captain I ever had was my last cruise on the Radiance. After 21 cruises I like RCL best. :)

Any or all four of the Radiance class - bright airy lots of glass not huge like Freedom ugh but with lots to do and see without being overwhelmed by too many other passengers, and being panamax they can operate on both coasts so they have more flexibility of itinerary than the new monsters which are stuck in the Caribbean - not that I would even consider Alaska on those behemoths:)

****Serenade..it was brand new but any Radiance class will do!! (Yes, Radiance class are my favorite)

Monarch...first cruise..she was only a year old...so I guess that holds a special place in my heart

Song of America..no longer sails but Empress reminds me of that and I love her too!!!

Voyager class is my least favorite but they now sail from home port...so they are OK too...

Only ones I haven't done are the Vision class....and methinks I'd like them too!!

Our favorite RC ship is the Grandeur of the Seas. I am surprised to see that I am the first one to say that. The ship is smaller and easy to learn your way around. Being smaller you tend to see the same passengers through out so you make more friends...and the staff on the ship we find gives you more personnal service then you receive on the bigger ships. They tend to take their time and talk to you, they are not in a rush as they are on the bigger ships.

The big ships are great, but the little ships will always have a place in our hearts.

So far I'd have to say Navigator of the Seas! But they may change once we sail next April on it's sister ship, Adventure of the Seas and the following year 2008, on Freedom of the Seas.

Ahhhhh too many wonderful choices!!!:eek:

Archived