Camp Carnival

thelland

We will be cruising next May with my 6 year old. We have done kids camo thing before on another cruise ship. While she liked that activities in the kids camp she wanted to do them with us (her parents). Can a parent attend all Camp Carnival Activities with their children? After all, it is a vacation for the family.

My Kids love camp carnival. They meet kids there own age. My 7 year old was 5 on her first cruise, now the first place we have to go and check out is the camp. My 11 and 13 year old also like it a lot. There was once when the parents were invited to come and make something with the kids. Most of the time its just for the kids, and it gives the parents sometime to be alone. On the first night there is a talk and a sign up for the camp. I know when my daughter was 5 they gave us a cell phone that worked all over the ship just in case she wanted to be picked up. I don't know you may just have to try it and see how it goes. Good luck and let us know

There are specified "family" acitivities during the cruise, but not all activities are open to both kids and parents. On all our cruises, the last sea day has had an afternoon of family activities - cookie decorating, talent shows, etc. Camp Carnival is also closed each day at specified time to encourage family time; usually 12-2 or 1-3 in the afternoons. What I especially appreciate about Camp Carnival is that you have the opportunity for family time, but also for "just the two of you" time. You can use Camp Carnival as much or as little as you want.

CC has some family activities, but mostly the kids are with the counselors and other children in their age group. They do a lot of fun things in CC, and many kids don't want to be "signed out." When you board, you'll get a printed schedule with an hour by hour breakdown of everything they'll be doing in your child's age group, every hour of every day of your vacation. It's nice to have that separate itinerary so that you and your child can decide what they want to do (e.g participate in t-shirt painting from 10-11; but skip sand art from 11-12). This itin will also let you know on what days, and at what times and locations, the family activites are.

when you get on board, look for the camp carnival rep at embarkation. get the time and location for the evening registration and informational mtg and get a muster station band placed on your child's wrist. If you have another child with you 5 or under, they will give the parent of that child a beeper at no charge. You can then write that beeper # next to your child's name on sign in, if you'll be with the other parent. If not, you may still be able to rent one from them. if your child ever needs you at any time while you're on the ship and they are in camp carnival, they will buzz you. It's a terrific process, really. you can enjoy the shows, late night comedian, etc., all knowing with a great degree of comfort, that if he/she wants to leave or, if the counselors need you for some other reason, you'll be buzzed. you can sign your child in and out at any time.

Archived