Likeliness of an upgrade in cabin?

We got upgraded once, from Junior Suite to Grand Suite (basically, one category). My in-laws, who had reserved the Grand Suite, were upgraded to the Owner's Suite (also one category). There was no explanation, but if you think about it, if there's a higher level cabin available, are they going to upgrade someone from a lower inside level all the way to the suite and make one person happy, or are they going to upgrade as many people as they can by one category and make lots of people happy. That's the logic. But we all know that logic does not always prevail...

I guess I'm saying you may get upgraded a deck or two, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the balcony. I'm sure it'll be a good time regardless of your cabin - remember, it's always better to be on vacation than at work!

SueL has a very good point! Remember, the final payment isn't due until 70 days prior to the sail date, so there is a chance that some of the balcony cabins that have been reserved will be cancelled. It can't hurt to try.

...we got bumped up to a balcony for our oceanview...but weren't really expecting one.

We found out at the pier at check in.

My suggestion is to follow Sue L's advice...it will get you that balcony cabin.

And if you have a choice and are going to Hubbard Glacier, try to get a starboard cabin...on Serenade tha captin did the turn so the the people with starboard cabins never had to leave their rooms and got to see everything!!!

Archived