Cab Fare and other questions for Cozumel

cdillon23

Cab fare, one-way for 1-4 people will cost $13USD from Punta Langosta Pier/Downtown and $12USD from the 2 southern piers; International (SSA) and Puerta Maya. Same on the way back, confirm the price BEFORE you get in the cab!!!

paradisecozumel

And try to have exact change, otherwise if all you have are $20's, that is what your $12 fare will cost when the drive is "unable" to make change. Tipping the driver is uncommon in Cozumel BTW.

I would confirm the speed of the cab as well. THe last time we were in Cozumel, we went to Paradise beach by cab. On the way back, our driver and another driver decided to race back to get the next passengers. We were going 80 mph (not kilometers, we made the calculation) on a two lane road. Because of this and the fact that we have been to Cozumel waaay too many times, we have decided to stay our on private yacht (ha ha) instead of going to Paradise Beach or anywhere else this time. NOT that Paradise Beach isn't a nice place...

I would confirm the speed of the cab as well. THe last time we were in Cozumel, we went to Paradise beach by cab. On the way back, our driver and another driver decided to race back to get the next passengers. We were going 80 mph (not kilometers, we made the calculation) on a two lane road. Because of this and the fact that we have been to Cozumel waaay too many times, we have decided to stay our on private yacht (ha ha) instead of going to Paradise Beach or anywhere else this time. NOT that Paradise Beach isn't a nice place...
I have to correct you. It is simply not possible to go to Cozumel "waaay too many times".

How about I give you a lift then! I'll be passing by your pier about noon, will that work for ya??:D

Oh wait, never mind....I usually drive rather quickly as well:(

Archived