I know CD on Spirit is busy, but....

linsue1231

Howdy all,

Our Meet & Mingle will be having a Room Door Decoration Contest, The Prize being a bottle of wine. I would like the CD to judge it. How do I get in touch with the CD in advance to set this up...if it can be set up at all.

Being kind of the Host of the Meet & Mingle I guess I could be the judge, but think it will be more fun if the CD does it. I know some of the head staff shows up for a few to introduce themselves, this is why I thought the CD could be the judge..

Also, there will be about 6 couples celebrating Anniv. from 10 yrs to 40 yrs and a birthday or two. I had asked Christina (she set up our M&M) about having a cake there with "Congratulations" on it, but she said I would have to pay 3.50 per slice in advance....there is already about 30 adults and kids already confirmed coming and another 10-18 who have not as yet replied to the final confirmation...thats alot to pay. Any ideas on how to get around this or other suggestions?

We only have about 34 days left before we sail, so I want to get this taking care of...

Thanks for any help.

Linda

Howdy all,

Our Meet & Mingle will be having a Room Door Decoration Contest, The Prize being a bottle of wine. I would like the CD to judge it. How do I get in touch with the CD in advance to set this up...if it can be set up at all.

Being kind of the Host of the Meet & Mingle I guess I could be the judge, but think it will be more fun if the CD does it. I know some of the head staff shows up for a few to introduce themselves, this is why I thought the CD could be the judge..

Also, there will be about 6 couples celebrating Anniv. from 10 yrs to 40 yrs and a birthday or two. I had asked Christina (she set up our M&M) about having a cake there with "Congratulations" on it, but she said I would have to pay 3.50 per slice in advance....there is already about 30 adults and kids already confirmed coming and another 10-18 who have not as yet replied to the final confirmation...thats alot to pay. Any ideas on how to get around this or other suggestions?

We only have about 34 days left before we sail, so I want to get this taking care of...

Thanks for any help.

Linda

I didn't think door decorations are allowed.

With regards to the cake, I would wait until you get on-board and then see if you can get it taken care of. I have found I have more flexibility on ship than working it through Miami.

Well now that would be something as most of the group are decoration their doors...as a matter of fact I was told about this activity, when looking for something fun to do at our M&M and a few have done it...so we will see....lol or I will have an extra bottle of wine lol.

That's a good Idea for the cake...

Linda

Linsue,

We've decorated our doors with CC signs on the Dawn - at that time told it was OK as long as there was no tape, so we used magnets. Someone stole my magnets.;)

On the last 2 cruises, however, aboard the Jewel, I received a letter from the Grp Svcs Coordinator and it says no door signs allowed and to please inform your group of it.

That said, the Good Morning America "Girlfriends" had lots of door decorating going on!

But the "official" word onboard (not Miami talking) was no signs allowed.

Hope you have better luck on the Spirit. I was on in May and did receive a note from Grp Svcs....just can't remember whether there was any mention of doors.

Archived