Tickets and P&O wallet

aussiedisneyfan

Would like to hear from others about what they received from P&O/TA. There are four of us travelling together and as we all are unrelated and have different surnames we were expecting four blue wallets, tickets and all other brochures and booklets. We only recieved two of everything except for the actual tickets.

Have rung the travel agent and they say you only get what P&O send which is one set per booking number (we got 2). Keepcruising has emailed them a couple of times and they say that only one of everything is sent. The TA told us to photocopy everything.

We have always traveled as families before and so not needed to worry.

Have other people recieved more than one thing?

Hi Aussie,

I have never been in that situation but I suppose it is a case of cutting down on every little thing.:( ( everyone sharing should have their own documentation folio, including booklets on tours etc) I do know on board if you are sharing , they only put 1 copy of daily under the door, and you must go to pursers desk to get extra's. also for others who don't know, there is a small paper on Australian news put out daily at pursers desk .

regards, Lorraine:) :)

I knew about the Aussie newspapers and the the daily ones. We have been to the pursers desk each day and collected one for "scrapbooking"

I wonder more if it is the mistake (putting it nicely) of our TA. For all they know we could be traveling separately and from different places, how then would each person be able to prebook tours and read the info. As it is keepcruising is on a differnent airline. Even though she is a seasoned cruiser she has never sailed from Brisbane or the Star.

Hi Aussiedisneyfan,

Don't know if this helps but we were a family of 4, and we were surprised to receive 4 sets of tour booking sheets! Even if we had all been doing separate tours we could have all been accommodated on one booking sheet...we just used the sheet under my hubby's name. There was only one copy of brochures etc...we used a TA.

Cheers

Would like to hear from others about what they received from P&O/TA. There are four of us travelling together and as we all are unrelated and have different surnames we were expecting four blue wallets, tickets and all other brochures and booklets. We only recieved two of everything except for the actual tickets.

Have rung the travel agent and they say you only get what P&O send which is one set per booking number (we got 2). Keepcruising has emailed them a couple of times and they say that only one of everything is sent. The TA told us to photocopy everything.

We have always traveled as families before and so not needed to worry.

Have other people recieved more than one thing?

On our cruise in March my partner & I (different surnames) received one blue folder each, but my parents (same surname) only received one between the two of them.

I wonder more if it is the mistake (putting it nicely) of our TA. For all they know we could be traveling separately and from different places, how then would each person be able to prebook tours and read the info. As it is keepcruising is on a differnent airline.

I was as TA until last year and we sold thousands of cruises through P&O. Unfortunately, P&O can be quite stingy when it comes to documents and bottom line is it depends on who is preparing your final documents as to how many you get. I had 4 cabins of 4 booked once and I only got four ticket wallets for 16 people (each person got their own cruise ticket of course) and as they were all just friends and most had different surnames I copped a fair bit of abuse and was not helped out by the cruise line at all.

I was just wondering, because our cruise is getting closer :), what sort of timeframe before sailing should i expect our documents to arrive?

I don't want to miss out on tour bookings, so want to know so i can chase them up if they haven't arrived by expected time.

Thanks

I was just wondering, because our cruise is getting closer :), what sort of timeframe before sailing should i expect our documents to arrive?

I don't want to miss out on tour bookings, so want to know so i can chase them up if they haven't arrived by expected time.

Thanks

They seem to go out about 6 weeks before cruise.

There are 4 of us travelling on the Star and we all received a document folder from P&O which our travel agent chucked out and replaced with a nice blue zippered one.... we all received a copy of everything, tickets, insurance, tours, brochures, and all the forms you need. I guess also it may be who you book through? We all have different surnames and we faxed our tours though on separate forms, our travel agent received confirmation fax about our tours with no problems.

Hi Witchipoo, (just asked on the Roll Call if you'd been on the forum page!! and I see the answer!!! lol).

Half your luck with the upgrade, we're still waiting on room confirmation.

What tours have you booked.

kerri

What tours have you booked.

kerri

the last cruise I did we didn't do many tours as i took family with me;)

This time the girls from work are coming with me.

We have booked in Noumea the "Myth of the Kanak Culture" as last time i was in Noumea nothing was open and it was a very big disappointment. so this time we decided to go on a tour.

Lifou we are going on the Cliffs of Jokin

Vila is going to be busy as we are on a lagoon cruise then on a glass bottom boat snorkel safari..... hope the shops are open after 3pm or we are in trouble! i understand that the wharf starts packing up then but i dont know what time the shops in town shut. Does anyone know?:confused:

In Luganville we are going to the cultural activity park.

The rest of the cruise we hope to be sitting sipping coctails, enjoying the view.:p

the last cruise I did we didn't do many tours as i took family with me;)

This time the girls from work are coming with me.

We have booked in Noumea the "Myth of the Kanak Culture" as last time i was in Noumea nothing was open and it was a very big disappointment. so this time we decided to go on a tour.

Lifou we are going on the Cliffs of Jokin

Vila is going to be busy as we are on a lagoon cruise then on a glass bottom boat snorkel safari..... hope the shops are open after 3pm or we are in trouble! i understand that the wharf starts packing up then but i dont know what time the shops in town shut. Does anyone know?:confused:

In Luganville we are going to the cultural activity park.

The rest of the cruise we hope to be sitting sipping coctails, enjoying the view.:p

You'll enjoy the tour in Noumea - Tijbaou is a wonderful cultural centre.

When we were in Vila in March, the markets were still set up when we left. In fact ship staff had to chase up people who were still casually wondering around the market while they were making announcements on the ship that sailing was imminent.

Witchipoo which time lagoon cruise are you booked on? I haven't made up my mind, am waiting for lastdrinks to get back to talk to her. Keepcruising and our other friend have decided they will do the cascades absailing.

Aussie,

We are booked on the 8:45am -11:15am then we have a 1pm-3pm glass bottom boat

Lea

We're looking at doing the Jetboat ride in Vila then maybe heading over to Irriki Is for awhile. Then ofcourse doing some shopping! If we can may even fit in a pub stop for a refreshing drink. lol

We booked the Helicopter ride in Noumea so hopefully we're on time and all goes to plan.

Kerri

We're looking at doing the Jetboat ride in Vila then maybe heading over to Irriki Is for awhile. Then ofcourse doing some shopping! If we can may even fit in a pub stop for a refreshing drink. lol

We booked the Helicopter ride in Noumea so hopefully we're on time and all goes to plan.

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

We didn't do the Jetboat ride in Vila but watched those that did...squeeling with delight...they appeared to get very wet also! You must try the local beer 'Tusker' in Vila. We thought it was very good.

On our cruise in late Sept. the helicopter tour was cancelled due to poor weather. It had been raining throughout the day, but it stayed away for the duration of our tour. They do attempt to put you on an alternative tour if yours is cancelled.

Cheers

Archived