Tickets and P&O wallet

aussiedisneyfan

We're looking at doing the Jetboat ride in Vila then maybe heading over to Irriki Is for awhile. Then ofcourse doing some shopping! If we can may even fit in a pub stop for a refreshing drink. lol

We booked the Helicopter ride in Noumea so hopefully we're on time and all goes to plan.

Kerri

If you don't mind me asking Kerri, how much is the helicopter ride? I've always wanted to go in one. This could be the perfect opportunity. Also, is Irriki Is the one that doesn't allow kids? I'd like to go there but the kids will be with us.

Karen

If you don't mind me asking Kerri, how much is the helicopter ride? I've always wanted to go in one. This could be the perfect opportunity. Also, is Irriki Is the one that doesn't allow kids? I'd like to go there but the kids will be with us.

Karen

Karen, I think it's about $89 or thereabouts, at least that's what it was in 2004 when we booked to do it on my first cruise on Pacific Sky. We didn't end up doing it though, because we were late into Noumea and our shore tours were cancelled.

Kym

Karen, I think it's about $89 or thereabouts, at least that's what it was in 2004 when we booked to do it on my first cruise on Pacific Sky. We didn't end up doing it though, because we were late into Noumea and our shore tours were cancelled.

Kym

Thanks Kym. That sounds pretty reasonable for a helicopter ride. will have to think seriously about that one.

Karen

Thanks Kym. That sounds pretty reasonable for a helicopter ride. will have to think seriously about that one.

Karen

My partner did the helicopter flight on one of the cruises he did before we met (he'd done 3 by the time we went on my first one - two on Fair Princess and one on Pacific Sky) and he enjoyed it, says you get some really good views of Noumea and surronds.

Kym

My partner did the helicopter flight on one of the cruises he did before we met (he'd done 3 by the time we went on my first one - two on Fair Princess and one on Pacific Sky) and he enjoyed it, says you get some really good views of Noumea and surronds.

Kym

I take it he's the one that got you hooked on cruising?

Anyway, as I said, I'll think very seriously about that one. Would really like to do it. Th eproblem with travelling as a family of 5, these tours can get rather expensive but I truly would like to do that one and it's not something I would do when not on holidays (go on a 'copter ride).

Karen

Aussie,

We are flying up from Sydney that morning and we have had conflicting information about the embarkation times. Our travel agent rang P&O and they said the earliest was after 11am. When we received our tickets it had that embarkation was from 10:15am.

What time is everyone getting there?

Lea

Our flights arrive in Brisbane at 8am. So I assume we would be pretty much heading straight over to the ship. Maybe have some breakie at the airport. Haven't spoken to the others about what to do.

I thought it was 10.15 embarkation too. We could at least drop off our luggage.

Karen

Karen, helicopter tour is $97 each. No too bad I thought and yes Irriki is the one that doesn't allow kids:( .

Witchipoo and Jane, my tickets tell me to go the Pinkedam (sp??) but I know that not right. Whats the name of the wharf we do have to go too?:o

Kerri

Kerri

I just got some doco direct from P&O, cause the TA wasn't interested in sending us any extra copies, so that we each had our own information, and the new stuff show that the ship departs from Portside warf, Remora Road (off Kongsford Smith Drive) Hamilton.

So at least now we finally have the correct information.

Kerri

I just got some doco direct from P&O, cause the TA wasn't interested in sending us any extra copies, so that we each had our own information, and the new stuff show that the ship departs from Portside warf, Remora Road (off Kongsford Smith Drive) Hamilton.

So at least now we finally have the correct information.

Thanks Sandra. Can you imagine what it would be like for those that don't know about this site and they rock up at Pemb...... when they need to be at Portside warf.:eek:

Pacific Star definetly isn't using Pinkenba any more, all cruises now leave from the Brisbane Cruise Passenger Terminal at Portside Wharf, Hamilton.

When the ships were operating from Pinkenba P&O were transfering ALL passengers from Roma St Transit Centre in the City because there was no public access to Pinkenba, it being a freight terminal. From what I understand P&O no longer have representatives at Roma St, but I imagine they probably have information at the transit centre for anyone who turns up there - advising them to make their own way to Hamilton.

I take it he's the one that got you hooked on cruising?

He sure did..... :)

I went on my first cruise on Pacific Sky as a bit of a reluctant cruiser - which is why we started with a 7 nighter - but by about midway through the second or third day I was hooked. Hence we went on our next cruise only 6 months later and the next one only 9 months after that! In the process we also got my parents hooked on cruising too.

Skyrules, I would hope they still have at least a rep at Roma St because the doco that came with our tickets still said Pinkenba. We only received this doco because Sandra and I complained that we didn't get one each.

I imagine that there are cruise newbies that have no idea and would turn up to Roma St because that what their doco says.

Hi

Been a bit busy the past couple of days and now finally caught up on the exciting cruise reading.....

I received an "Emergency Notification" in my travel documents Which informs us that It is Portside wharf, Remora Road (off kingsford smith dr) Hamilton.

They go on to say that embarkation will commence as scheduled at 10:30am with all passengers onboard by 1:30pm...

On our ticket says embarkation is 10:15 . the emergency info was dated 26/9/06 and the ticket is dated 1/9 so i guess the emergency bit is the one to follow.

I got in touch with my TA the other day and they said P&O wouldn't send me out any new info regarding where to embark. They weren't issuing any new paperwork since I already had my documents for some time.

Jeeeeepppppperss.

Like I said earlier, Thank god for this site!!!!!

Kerri

• 2 weeks later...
I was as TA until last year and we sold thousands of cruises through P&O. Unfortunately, P&O can be quite stingy when it comes to documents and bottom line is it depends on who is preparing your final documents as to how many you get. I had 4 cabins of 4 booked once and I only got four ticket wallets for 16 people (each person got their own cruise ticket of course) and as they were all just friends and most had different surnames I copped a fair bit of abuse and was not helped out by the cruise line at all.

That's exactly right, it's a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to documents. Please understand that the TA is at the same mercy, they recieve the documentation from P&O, but they shouldn't hesitate to ask for another set if required. If you don't ask, you don't get! We don't mind called P&O on behalf of our clients and the majority of the times we work something out.

Archived