Travelon Bags

oscar's mom

I ordered a Travelon Microsuede over the shoulder bag with all the compartments and magnetic closures from QVC. I thought because of its small size and the fact that you could also use it as a fanny pack it would be great for cruising. Oops:o Put my sail and sign card and credit card in it for Cozumel. By the time I remembered that magnets and credit cards didn't go together it was too late. Couldn't open my cabin door anymore. Good thing I wasn't traveling alone. Anyway just wanted to remind people about the magnets in small purses. We did buy a backpack in Belize that worked so much better and a lot cheaper, it will be my companion from now on out:)

You can get the magnetic cards re-activated at the pursers desk. This happened to my husband a few cruises ago, it was a problem until we realized he was carrying his seapass card in his magnetic money clip.

When I have anything with a magnetic closure, I either leave the cardboard card that comes with it, or place a business card (or two) behind the magnet.

It is annoying, I've had my ATM card de-activated a couple of times by accident. You also have to make sure you con't put your credit cards on some scanners in stores, too. Always hand them to the clerk if you don't scan it yourself through the terminals.

It has happened to me a couple of times, but I love my travelon bag. Went to the purser's desk and just got a new sea pass card:D . I also have gotten the envelopes from the bank for credit cards and plan to use it on our next cruise. I can't say enough about Travelon, they are so compact confortable and nice looking...Better than a fanny bag any day IMHO...Later, Jill:cool:

I was looking at those Travelon bags for my next cruise. Which one/ones do you have? Which one do you recommend?

I have one of the microsuede camel purses...It was around 19.75 w/o tax, shipping and handling...Go to QVC.com and look up travelon, you will find lots of options...Enjoy:D Later, Jill:cool:

Archived