Stingray Excursion with RCCL

robster18

Hi

I am going on Freedom of the seas next week with RCCL. I want to do a stingray excursion through the ship. I see that alot of people have done it with other companies, but my husband will be diving so I will be alone. I want to do it with an excursion through RCCL. They have different excursions on their site. Which one is the best one to do? Is there any difference? Thanks

We're doing this one through Royal Caribbean in November!

It sounded like we'd get to do the most things in a short time, and with this being our first cruise, that was important to us! :)

Turtles & Stingray Land & Sea Adventure

Enjoy a scenic drive along Seven Mile Beach before arriving at Boatswain’s Bay Turtle Farm. You will have the opportunity to explore this world-renowned Turtle Breeding Facility, with newly hatched turtles right up to the elder generations who are giant in size and gentle by nature.

Browse through their souvenir shop and neighboring Rum Cake Factory before your drive to “Hell” and on to the Cayman Island Yacht Club for your awaiting boat transportation to the internationally acclaimed Stingray City Sandbar.

Enjoy interacting with the family of Southern Rays, who like the turtles are gentle by nature. Your guides will introduce you to such characters as “Martha Ray”, “Ray Charles” and “Sugar Ray”, which are among the many family members of the Ray Family. A wonderful opportunity to experience this unique setting as filmed by National Geographic and Discovery Channels.

After approximately one hour, you will be taken back to the Yacht Club for your awaiting transportation back to the pier.

I remember doing the Stingray and Snorkel excursion the last time with DH. I sat on the boat while he snorkeled. Then we both did the Stingray portion together. The Stingray portion was really cool, because you are only standing in about 3ft or less of water, out in the middle of nowhere. Coolest feeling in the world.

It was the BEST excursion ever, but when they say the stingrays can/do get friendly they are not kidding. Had one crawl up the front of my swimsuit the last time. DH was laughing and l didn't know why, until I looked down and saw him staring up at me (yes believe it or not). I then asked him very politely - okay you can go now - and he DID.

You can also feed them - very weird feeling, but so much fun. Can't wait to go again this year with my Mother who is 78 yrs young and my mother-in-law.

The one we are looking at going on this year is being offered for $45.00 thru RCCl and last 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.

Go and have a blast.

I also wanted to do a snorkel and stingray thru RCI but I don't see that they offer this. They offer snorkeling at stingray city but I would like to do a reef snorkel and then spend part of the time in stingray city. Booking outside the cruiseline at this port that tenders makes me nervous. Now I don't know what to do. And we leave Oct 28th!

I also wanted to do a snorkel and stingray thru RCI but I don't see that they offer this. They offer snorkeling at stingray city but I would like to do a reef snorkel and then spend part of the time in stingray city. Booking outside the cruiseline at this port that tenders makes me nervous. Now I don't know what to do. And we leave Oct 28th!

sailingsue5, yes, RCCL offers this. The Rays and Reef excursion takes you to Stingray City and then snorkeling. Other excursions do the same. It may be that the pre-booking slots on the RCCL excursions are full, but there will be more excursions offered when you get to the ship.

Book with someone else if you can find them.

BUT, instead of looking at the shore excursion book, you need to look online to see what's available. Just go to RCCL's website and log in to your reservation to look at the available shore excursions. The book is not as up to date as the website.

Turtles & Stingray Land & Sea Adventure

Enjoy a scenic drive along Seven Mile Beach before arriving at Boatswain’s Bay Turtle Farm. You will have the opportunity to explore this world-renowned Turtle Breeding Facility, with newly hatched turtles right up to the elder generations who are giant in size and gentle by nature.

Browse through their souvenir shop and neighboring Rum Cake Factory before your drive to “Hell” and on to the Cayman Island Yacht Club for your awaiting boat transportation to the internationally acclaimed Stingray City Sandbar.

Enjoy interacting with the family of Southern Rays, who like the turtles are gentle by nature. Your guides will introduce you to such characters as “Martha Ray”, “Ray Charles” and “Sugar Ray”, which are among the many family members of the Ray Family. A wonderful opportunity to experience this unique setting as filmed by National Geographic and Discovery Channels.

After approximately one hour, you will be taken back to the Yacht Club for your awaiting transportation back to the pier.

My excursion options are not posted yet on the Royal website. How much was this one for kids and adults and what is the age for kids?

My excursion options are not posted yet on the Royal website. How much was this one for kids and adults and what is the age for kids?

Hey FAMILYCRUZER!

It's listed as Tour #GC57 in my Cruise Doc Book.

Duration is approx. 4 hours

Price is $62 for Adults and Children

No minimum age listed.

Sounds like a good mix of activities and things to see on our first visit to Grand Cayman!

I booked it on the Royal Caribbean website.

Have fun!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived