My D(umb)H has made me look like a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway after posting here, calling costa, and calling the TA, not one of these people knew what I was talking about. The TA was like, " I only told him about the change on the reservation, nothing else". I was sooo mad! I called hubby dearest, and he actually said "I didn't say that". AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then he said "well, I told you I was kidding....after you went to sleep" I guess he was bored and wanted to see me sweat! He claims he was going to tell me this morning and forgot because he was still asleep when I left. Calgon take me aaaawaaaayyyy!

:confused: :confused:

So anyway after posting here, calling costa, and calling the TA, not one of these people knew what I was talking about.

So it appears no one know what she is talking about and she is not about to clue us in!

It's easy enough to click on her name and find her other posts, if you really want to know. I read her post yesterday, about what happens if one person in a group cannot go on the cruise at the last minute, so I knew what she was talking about.

one person in group not showing up for cruise?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In our union contract it states that our company has the right to cancel our vacation time if there is a dire need and the apsence will hurt the day to day running of business. Now this has only happened once in the history of the company and since the people who had no real plans stepped up to the plate and opted to stay for work so people with travel plans could go. Now in the instance that this does happen our company will reimburse for your part of the vacation, either by giving you the percentage that you represent (i.e. a four person package is $1000, they will give you 25% $250) or what the charge for your name on an itinary (i.e. on our cruise receipt I am the first listed at $1500 or so, regardless of how cheap 2/3/4 passenger is they will give me $1500). Now my husband and I just had a heated debate and he was trying to tell me if for some obscure reason I could not show up they will not allow him, our son, and my mom to board. I said of course they will, they have been paid for me so they will not care if I show up or not. I know that the last cruise we were on there was a lady with her daughter and the daughter's friend was supposed to go but didn't because of some family emergency. I don't see the logic in my husbands thinking. Can someone put some light on this issue.

I'm sorry that I didn't quote. I thought people had read my last post.

And men say women are hard to figure out! I say when you're upset, eat chocolate. When you're happy, eat chocolate. When you're sad, eat chocolate. Whatever the problem is, eat chocolate. Chocolate cures everything!

No harm done Ta4 - just for future reference, attach a note like this to the original post/thread.

Now for the important business!! What are you going to do to get back at him? I don't recommend telling him another shaggy dog story - he's probably waiting for that. So what are you planning?

Do what I did once. My husband went a little too far in teasing me one day and I was upset with him. He was taking a nap in his recliner before he headed into town for some errands. I made sure he was really out of it and then got my make-up out and made him look real pretty. He had blue eyeshadow, bright red cheeks, and hot pink lips. I really made him up like a royal queen. I wasn't worried about him looking in a mirror. He could care less what he looks like. In fact, most of the time I have to stop him and make him change clothes or brush his hair. But not this time. He went to Wal-Mart in his pretty make-up. When he came back he asked me what was wrong with him. He said people kept gawking at him and pointing at him and laughing. He said he must have checked his fly a dozen times. That's when I told him to go look in a mirror. By then I was dying laughing! At first my husband was angry, but now it's a big family joke and even my husband laughs about it. Just the other day my husband was about to step out the door and my father who was visiting at the time asked if he was headed out to buy some more make-up. We all laugh about it now. And even my husband admits he probably deserved it at the time. He is now cured of his teasing and practical jokes. And we all have an unforgetable memory that is always good for a laugh or two.

I am laughing so hard, you've brought tears to my eyes!:D

I actually tried that one on my DH and he woke up.:rolleyes:

Happy Sailing and practical joke playing!!!!

Romy

I once got upset with my husband for forgetting Valentine's Day, so a few days later, I had beauriful flowers sent to myself, and had them signed, "Love, Ed" (Not my husband's name. Ed was our very good-looking and studly neighbor!). I convincingly pretended to love them, and forgave him for forgetting V-Day, but kept asking why he'd signed the name "Ed". The guy was so confused, that he was calling his brothers, his co-workers, and every one he knew to see if THEY had sent the lovely roses as a joke! I managed to keep the secret for a couple of days! He got me back, though. We'd spent a few days at the beach, and he wrote "I'M GAY in sunblock on my back, while telling me he wrote "I LOVE YOU", which I believed.

(No offense meant to anyone!)

He got me back, though. We'd spent a few days at the beach, and he wrote "I'M GAY in sunblock on my back, while telling me he wrote "I LOVE YOU", which I believed.

You are totally killin' me here! That's the best one I've heard in a long time! Sounds like it's your turn Imsulin, does he sleep soundly???

Happy Pranking!!!

Romy

OOOOHHHHH the sunblock idea sounds great, we are going out of town this weekend and since we use sunblock stick this would be easily done... maybe somthing along the line of I AM AN (insert explictive language here). Then maybe he won't be soo mean again.

BTW I reread the original post that I did on this matter and I realized I wrote apsense instead of absence. Oh well I am sure I have messed up before.....

You have a nice husband if he forgave you for the makeup trick. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would never have had the nerve to let my husband leave the house like that. I would've done the makeup thing - but I just wouldn't have let him leave the house. Not many men would forgive that easily - especially after he becomes the butt of the family joke.

Actually, not only did my husband forgive me, but he admitted he deserved it. The trick he played on me earlier was pretty bad. I was raised in a poor family and had never had a new car before. All we had was very old used cars. Well after a lot of lean years and hard work putting myself through college, I finally got a good job. My husband got a nice job too. We decided to splurge and get me a new vehicle. My husband already had a pretty nice truck, so this was going to be my vehicle. I picked out a really nice suv at a new car dealership. This was my pride and joy. I had never had a new car before, so this was really special. And it had lots of extras too.

Well just a few days after I got it I went shopping. When I came out of the store, my new suv was gone! My husband had slipped out of the house and followed me. He hid my vehicle behind the store. I didn't know that and searched high and low for it. I even had other shoppers trying to help me. I was very distraught and starting to panic. I don't think I have ever been so upset in my life. Just as I was about to call the police my husband showed up and told me what he did. It may not seem like much to you, but it was very upsetting to me. I think the suv meant a lot to me because of where I came from what I went through to get it. I was so proud of it. And losing it was very upsetting. That's why my husband was so forgiving and even admitted he deserved it. It has cured him of most of his practical jokes. He still teases and jokes sometimes but he is a little more careful now.

Archived