Booked Mariner for 11/07...What would Dave Ramsey say?

Husband and I just booked a HOHS (Hogs on High Seas) 7 day cruise on Mariner in Nov. '07. Just can't help but wonder what ol' Dave would say, because 1. we don't have $1000 in cash hidden in our sock drawer for emergencies, 2. we owe on a credit card, and 3. yes, we are still paying for our house and cars!!! But guess what? We're still going on a cruise ANYWAY!!! hehehe :p

Husband and I just booked a HOHS (Hogs on High Seas) 7 day cruise on Mariner in Nov. '07. Just can't help but wonder what ol' Dave would say, because 1. we don't have $1000 in cash hidden in our sock drawer for emergencies, 2. we owe on a credit card, and 3. yes, we are still paying for our house and cars!!! But guess what? We're still going on a cruise ANYWAY!!! hehehe :p

Not to put a damper on your cruise, but I hope you invested in insurance in case someone gets sick! If you listen to Dave, then you have heard countless stories about people who have lost their savings to medical disasters ... and if you have no savings, then you could be sunk!

Dave Ramsey is one of the smartest financial people on earth. My hubby and I bought his book a while back and are following his advice with great success. I know it works...so far we are proof. Its a great system. It makes you stop and think about your money....you control your money...your money should not control you.

His book: "Total Money Makeover" is one of the best books I've owned in a very long time...

Esmerelda

Well said, Esmerelda. Guess I'm just feeling guilty about spending money on a cruise. What we'll spend on that cruise would go a long way towards that credit card I mentioned.:o I can always rationalize why I (we) should live now...pay stuff off later.:D

I noticed on your location, you put ER...where everything is STAT. Are you a nurse, by chance? Me too.

Archived