PG September 18, 2004

Elquailo

Hello, I'm new to this board, and first want to thank everyone for some very helpful info that I've already been able take from existing posts. My wife and I will be celebating our 25th anniversary on the PG on the Sept 18th cruise, with a pre-cruise in a motu OWB at the Intercontinental Beachcomber in Tahiti, and a post-cruise in an OWB at the Intercontinental Beachcomber Moorea. I promise a trip report afterwards! Some quick questions:

1) Anyone else on the 9/18/04 cruise?

2) We're both divers and in addition to planning to do the majority of the PG dives, has anyone any particular recommendations for dive operators in Tahiti (pre-cruise) and Moorea (post cruise)? I see that Aquatica and Bathy's are based right at these respective hotels in Tahiti and Moorea, has anyone dived with either of them?

3) I've heard that on the first night in Bora Bora the PG will sometimes run a "door to door" boat between the ship and Bloody Mary's for dinner, is this true? (and if so, would you recommend it?)

Thanks!,

Ken

----------------------------

Paul Gauguin, (planned) Sept. 2004

Disney Magic, June 2001

Disney Magic, April 1999

Royal Princess, Oct. 1988

• 1 month later...

There is a special tender that goes from the boat to Bloody Mary's. It leaves around 7:20 or 7:50 having just gotten off the PG last week. It was never clear how you returned to the ship afterwards, however.

You'll have a great time. This continues to be one the best experiences of our lives.

The trip back to the ship from Bloody Mary's is also by tender - at Bloody Mary's, they'll let you know when to leave, to meet the tender, they usually ginve you two choices of time - I'll be on the ship the week before y'all, for the 2nd time - it's a great cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...

One of the honeymoon couples on board a few weeks ago took the tender from the ship to Bloody Mary's for drinks only. They had room service late in the afternoon so they did not order dinner at Bloody Mary's. They did buy shirts to go along with their drinks. And yes, they got the tender back to the ship about 2-3 hours later.

Archived