buccaneer stingray city catamaran????anyone used?

blondy

Yes we used them about a year ago. The buccaneer is the same company as Capt. Bryans. They call their 2 stop excursion Capt Bryans and they call the 3 stop excursion the Buccaneer.

We enjoyed our experience with them We had wanted to go in a catamaran, which is why I picked this excursion. They did not put the sails up and just used the motors. The excursion was not crowded, maybe 25 people or so. I picked this particular one because I liked that it had 2 snorkel stops along with the stop at stingray city. Our experience was very postive. One thing...they did not give any sort of snorkel lesson as I had experienced on other excursions. We had snorkeled before and didn't have a problem, but I noticed that those who did not snorkeled before did have some problems, such as leaking and fogging with the masks, diffiuclty getting a tight seal, etc. The staff were helpful if you asked them, but it seems that the beginners didn't know to ask or what to ask and just cont. to have some problems. I would recommend asking for assist. if needed.

The staff were great at the stingray city stop. They got alot of sting rays to come over and gave a nice lesson in handling the rays. I also liked the timing of this excursion.

My kids -DD 10,DS 8- and I went on the Buccaneer this past August 2006. They were great. The only thing was one minivan had no AC. It was not hot at that time so it was not a problem. My video montage has a clip of the trip so check it out.

You will always find so-so reviews on every excursion. People are different, and will always have different things to say.

I went on the Buccanner and had a GREAT time! The crew was very knowledgeable and friendly.

I have taken the Carnival Stingray City tour, and this was SO much better. Only about 40 people or less, nice big boat where we could stretch out, and the guides were very helpful. It was also about half the price of a ship tour.

Stingray City was great, as usual. The guides lured lots of stingrays for us all to pet, and they had a photographer on board who took everyone's picture. If you wanted to buy a picture, you could instantly see them on his computer and they would burn you a CD of the digital image. After visiting with the rays, we snorkeled in two beautiful spots and our guide lured a big eel out with some squid. It was really neat to see a huge eel swimming around. He lured him about three times, and looked for a shark that “lived” in the reef, but couldn’t find him. There were tons of beautiful fish in both snorkeling spots, and the water was, of course, gorgeous.

I had a great time on this tour.

They had water available, and you could by snacks (chips and such) and drinks (sodas and beer).

Archived