$3.00 delivery charge

qld cruiser

Hi cruisers.

A friend rang yesterday, asking me to check out the new brochure for P&O.(june 06-january 08 season). page 68, dining....

They have now introduced a fee of $3.00 delivery for the morning in cabin breakfast. I am sure it would be the usual continental...

Have any of you had to pay...?

I have had 4 wonderful cruises so far this year and have not had to pay a delivery fee.wondering when they will bring it in.

regards, Lorraine:) :)

I think you'll find the $3.00 fee is for a room service full breakfast - not the continential breakfast.

I know there is a $3.00 charge for ANY room (cabin) service food throughout the day.

A word of advise about the continental breakfast's - on port days they can be popular, so expect delays.

Kym

Hi Skyrules,

I must have read this all wrong. but to me it sounds like my morning cuppa will have to be a quick dash upstairs to the buffet from now on.

the notice states...A complimentary in-cabin breakfast is available, but at a nominal delivery charge of $3.00 per delivery.

I have never heard of a free full breakfast in the cabin.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

QLD Cruiser, unfortunately I don't think you have read it incorrectly. I have looked on P&Os website and to me it clearly reads that you now have to pay the $3 delivery charge for the free breakfast.

On our US cruise all room service, 24 hours a day was complimentary however, I believe you were expected to tip the person bringing it. Guess this is another tipping service introduced.

I think the brochures, website etc have always mentioned that nominal charge of $3, but on the three cruises I've done that $3 charge has only applied to the in-cabin service Menu - not to the complimentary contintental breakfast.

Of course this may have changed - they aren't shy about making a few dollars where they can.

If they are charging the $3 fee I guess they can say that the meal is still complimentary as they aren't charging you for the food- just for the privelige of having it in your cabin. If you order cabin service at any other time of the day you pay for the food PLUS the $3 delivery fee.

Hi cruisers, thanks for the replies.

I think we will all have to get used to all the subtle changes that are coming into place. extra little charges here and there, and the company cutting down on things to save money.

I understand they have to run at a profit and the high price of fuel etc adds to their expenses.

They have reduced the cruise staff by at least 4.

the drinks waiters are no longer there, the assistant waiter has that duty.

the prizes for quizzes etc are now medals or luggage labels etc, very few decent prizes to take home as a reminder of a great time.

a lot of the theme nights have gone. they were great, and people went to great lengths to get their outfits together for the laughs.

I think "Carnival" has yet to understand the Aussie's sense of humour .

But... on the upside... the service is always great, and you can't expect 5 star when we pay 3 star. it is still the best way to have a holiday.

I will still cruise, once that bug gets you, that is all you think of.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Macca & Mr. Muffin.We have noticed cuts in service too.The dining room at night used to provide a wine waiter at your table but now thewaiters htake the food & wine orders resulting indelays to meals &having your wine served.Wine sales must suffer???

Hi Mr and Mrs Gold Coast.

Yes, the changes are on the move now. but I won't change my cruising habits. see you both around on another trip .eh?

We will have to take our own quoit sets. ha ha. after all the trouble of having those t-shirts embroidered etc.

the prizes for quizzes etc are now medals or luggage labels etc, very few decent prizes to take home as a reminder of a great time.

We received luggage straps, reversible tote bags and clocks for our trivia prizes, I have received the same items before but they are great for pressies anyway (about $50 value all up - their shop prices that is!).:)

For us it is just the fun of playing anyway and the thrill of winning:rolleyes:

Archived